• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open letter to Adobe about Muse..

Participant ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello team, if you do not intend to resume the development of Muse or its widget, could you make it open source as you did with the Action Script 3 language.
Thanks for your understanding.

PS: users who wish to support this request may like this

TOPICS
End of life , Feature requests , Mucow development , Product issue , Widget

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that stop this development is a big mistake. Someone told me that Adobe had plans to divide Muse funcionalities into Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its a huge program ! i think they saw it could kill dreamweaver and sttoped with muse.

dreamweaver is a great program, but we just want a functional site and wix, wordpress delivers it withou to many complications! Adobe muse is great for us wich use the whole adobe suite prograns... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, or kill the job of HTML / CSS / JS programmers.
This is obviously a shame, because I don't know of any other program that opens up such capacities with the widgets.
They have already done it with Flash Player, I was an AS3 programmer and I started AGAL for GPU when all browsers disabled it by default. How sad for me. It's like I was losing my job and I had to go back to school.
Perhaps it could revive Flash using a JS to WEBGL transpiler..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's decision makers won't see this.  They don't look at user-to-user forums much.  But even if they did, you guys are all missing the elephant in the room.  Muse came out in 2012.  The machine generated code it produced then is pretty much the same as today.   Meanwhile browsers have made huge changes.  And without re-programming the software with a new code generating engine, Muse cannot keep up with modern browsers and web standards.  Eventually, all Muse generated sites will fail in one way or another. 

Also don't forget that support for Muse officially ends in 2 months.  Nothing you say or do will change that fact.  So please get off this leaky boat while you can.   Export your Muse sites to HTML and edit the native files in Pinegrow, Dreamweaver,  Wappler or whatever code editor you like until you can re-build your sites outside Muse.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you using these days Nancy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use lots of different tools because I work with server-side code and database driven sites. 

It's not what I use that matters.  It's what you should use based on your skills and your project  requirements.  You must try everything to find out what works best for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, precisely, there are too many possibilities these days, apart from HTML / CSS / SQL (the basic languages) we don't really know what to choose. I like systems like Muse, because it allows wemasters to focus on layout and design without worrying too much about code. Maybe also out of frenzy lol.
For the moment, I am interested in webassembly. But here is the problem, a technology is barely emerging, that already other tools are in incubators everywhere .. Hopefully this time, this new W3C will live long. anyway, better than binary code, what else? : D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In any case, the next generation of Muse philosophy has already been taken up by 3 French people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

blablabla Nancy, anyway, in the future, lotta here shall back do dreamweaver to update their sites... i dunno abroad, but in agencies clients just want a beautifull site, fast, dont wanna know bout code, how long time programmers spend their time to do the job, lets see what adobe will do in the future! its almost like with Audition and Soundbooth, there were times the program was killed and after was reborn ... and killed again... i remenber very well adobe payed to much for macromedia to buy dreamweaver, flash and fireworks..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Faits aucomplis. Don't delude yourselves with false hope from people who pretend to know what is happening.  They don't.  Muse and Business Catalyst are NOT coming back.

https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/kb/adobe-muse-end-of-service.html  

https://community.adobe.com/t5/business-catalyst/adobe-announces-the-end-of-life-for-business-cataly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If that's right, I don't understand Adobe, why destroy the best of both. fortunately, other projects are emerging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines