Highlighted

Original property must have a px value

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to Muse 18. Opened a site to change an email address from a contact form. Saved the site. Went to upload and this: Original property must have a px value

Searched the Forums and found a couple of tips. One was to download a previous version which I did. Went to open the site that just crashed Muse and it said this site was created in a later version and can't be opened with this one. Basically I made a change to one email address and now the site is useless.

HELP!

Is this why you're killing off Muse? I've been a CC customer since Day 1. I need a realistic fix.

Hey, xchromosome and everyone else facing this issue.

There is a very simple workaround, let me make it simple.

If you check your phone/tablet layout (fixed width) and small breakpoints (responsive) any accordion used as menu need to be set as "responsive width" instead of "stretch to browser width".

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ankush

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Original property must have a px value

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to Muse 18. Opened a site to change an email address from a contact form. Saved the site. Went to upload and this: Original property must have a px value

Searched the Forums and found a couple of tips. One was to download a previous version which I did. Went to open the site that just crashed Muse and it said this site was created in a later version and can't be opened with this one. Basically I made a change to one email address and now the site is useless.

HELP!

Is this why you're killing off Muse? I've been a CC customer since Day 1. I need a realistic fix.

If you check your phone/tablet layout (fixed width) and small breakpoints (responsive) any accordion used as menu need to be set as "responsive width" instead of "stretch to browser width".

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ankush

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 28, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue. Any word from the Muse team?

Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 12.57.38 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 28, 2018 2
Participant ,
Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue and need an answer from Muse support urgently! I don't want to have to redo my whole site now!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2018 1
Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All,

Sorry for the issues you have been facing.

However, would you mind sharing your .muse file with us so that we can investigate and try fixing it?

For sharing the file you can follow the steps explained here - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652 and send the link to me in a private message.

For doing a private message hover the mouse on my picture and click "message".

Regards,

Ankush

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 30, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me. I am the same phenomenon. Just writing it after updating will result in an error. Please tell me the countermeasure as soon as possible.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 30, 2018 0
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I shared the link from Dropbox. It should have synced by now. Please let

me know.

Regards

Lauren

LW Design

Graphic & Web Design

W: http://www.lwdesign.co.za

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LaurenWolffDesign

https://www.instagram.com/laurenwolff_sa/

Cell: +27 82 444 2908

Co Reg No.89/25274/23

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you post it only to ankushr40215001​  ?

I can see no link.

Reading all the posts: Do you use only responsive design or adaptive design as well?

You mentioned something about the phone layout to be deleted – with no response so far.

Most musers have different issues at the moment, so your issue might get under the wheels .

Would you mind to share the .muse more official?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shrinking the browser on desktop I can also see this:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-02 um 15.03.25.png

Best Regards,

Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2018 0
Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Lauren,

I checked your file and narrowed the issue to the accordion which you have placed on the master page for phone menu.

You might have to recreate the accordion and issue shall resolve.

Let me know if it works for you.ar

Regards,

Ankush

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2018 1
Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey masa_jpn,

Sure, I will be glad helping you out.

Please share your .muse file with me as explained above and will try figuring out the issue.

Thanks,

Ankush

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2018 0
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, will do.

What is wrong with the accordion widget as it stands now? So that I know for future, if this crash occurs. I use this widget for all my menus.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2018 0
Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing wrong with the widget, however, looks like it got corrupted while getting converted in the new version.

Will be sharing your file with our dev team for further investigation and fix if it is found as a bug.

Regards,

Ankush

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2018 0
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

I am using it on a few breakpoints so should I delete them all and replace all with the new one? Not just on the mobile breakpoint?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2018 0
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick question please. Which accordion widget can you suggest, for the menu that won't cause the site to crash in this new version as all my sites use the same accordion menu!! I fear what might happen when I upload those websites!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2018 0
Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes delete them all and paste the new one.

It is not a bug yet, so might work on your other sites, and it is observed that only older files are causing this issue.

Let me know if you face a similar issue with your other sites as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2018 1
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings Ankush,

I dropped my .muse file on my creative cloud folder for your inspection. Please confirm whether you'd like me to paste the link here for all or use the "send link" option? Thank you for your assistance.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Yesterday, I contacted Japanese support by chat and provided .muse file.

I appreciate your response.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe please allow apple to purchase adobe muse from you guys since you don't care about this product. we need this program to live on.This was a bad idea from adobe to get rid of adobe muse, now a lot of businesses are going to be out of business. please apple can you buy muse.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2018 1
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, cannot upload the site to BC, or an external FTP host. Wont let me export it either. Wouldn't mind going back a version but updated it before I made a load of changes that I don't really want to have to do again, and add to the very long list of unbillable hours Adobe has cost me with the aptly named 'end of life' recently.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found what the issue was with mine, I removed the 'phone layout' and it uploaded it. I then added it back in and looked at the uploader to see at what point I received the error, I had a full width accordion setup on that page, once I made it fixed width it uploaded the mobile version too. Not great, but a possible workaround for the time being.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2018 3
Participant ,
Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you mean, remove the phone layout? Do you mean the breakpoint in responsive? My file crashes at 15% upload of the home page. I made my mobile breakpoint's accordion widget also fixed width and it still crashes on upload. Don't know what to do next.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laurenwolff,

The site that was causing me issues was a fixed width site with a mobile layout (how we used to have to do it before muse went responsive). If its crashing on the homepage, something on that page is causing it to crash so id say its an element set to full width on one of the breakpoints or maybe all of them. Try making the accordion width fixed across all breakpoints to test it. Sorry I cant be of more help was just sharing what fixed it for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 30, 2018 2
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you rddesigns! I was able to follow where my upload was crashing, and it was with my phone layout ... problem corrected and my website is back up and running!

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting. I'll try this until an Adobe moderator jumps in to provide some insight on how to fix this issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the deletion suggestion! I found that it worked if I deleted any images from the master phone page and then copied them back over from the tablet.  I did not have to recreate all my phone pages only the master.  I think the image files may have corrupted in the upgrade.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night Muse was giving me errors when I simply updated a single link to another page on the site. Muse was not formatting the resulting url correctly which resulted in the error. I saw that there was an update for Muse so I installed it and now Muse is giving me the same error being reported on this page. I deleted the accordion widget on my home page and still got the same error. Next I made a copy of the site and deleted the entire phone site from that version and DID NOT get the error.  I hope Adobe gets this bug fixed soon and does not think we all should just rebuild our phone sites.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2018 0
Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Looks like we are heading towards a bug.

I have observed that if we nest a menu widget within an accordion this crash happens.

I will be creating a bug report for this and share it with the product team.

However, this only happens with a file made in the previous version, if we create a new accordion and place the menu widget, it works fine.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ankush

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2018 2
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! At least now we know what the issue is! Look forward to the updates about solving this and the bug fix.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - Obviously I can't recreate all the accordions with the updated Muse - generally how long does it take the team to fix a bug like this, hours, days, weeks? -

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any new posts on this. I am unable to post anything to my clients site until this bug is fixed. Deleting and recreating the entire phone site would be a huge expense since it relies on accordion widget. PLEASE RESPOND to my question as to an estimate of how long bug fixes like this take.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2018 0
Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey York,

You don't need to recreate the entire accordion, but only those in which you have embedded a menu widget.

Although we have raised a bug fix request with the team, awaiting their response on this.

Regards,

Ankush

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ankush,

Did you review the .muse file I sent you a few days ago?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ankush, can I email you the site address? The only accordion with a menu (I believe) was on the home page. I deleted that (just to test) but still got the same error when trying to Export as HTML.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2018 0
Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure you can share the file with me in a private message.

For doing a private message hover the mouse on my picture and click "message".

Thanks,

Ankush

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2018 0
Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey xchromosome,

I am afraid that I don't see any file from you in my inbox.

Can you please retry sending it and will be happy to have a look at it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just resent it. Please confirm receipt when you can. I'd hate to lose more time. Thank you for your assistance.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

While I was waiting for a reply I scoured the phone site and found a few things with accordions that I thought might be the problem, corrected them, and the error still occurred. Eventually, I just deleted a couple accordions at a time until I did not get the error. It took more time stressing over this, than it took to recreate the few that seemed to be the problem. Though I did not see anything that stood out that was causing the problem. I just noticed this morning that someone posted that I believe was that they cut and pasted the accordion and that worked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All -- I to received this error message, and so with the support of screen-share with an Adobe techie, we discovered that an ACCORDION PANEL Widget was corrupt, possibly occurring when I updated Muse to the current version. 

The solution was to remove the entire Accordion Panel Widget, then rebuild it using a current version of the Muse Accordion Panel widget, and all was fine.

We first tried to isolate the problem by removing individual panels one at at time, there are in 8 total, and eventually we determined that the entire widget needed be deleted and rebuilt.  You can see it here on my FAQ page of my site: www.danielfactor.com

This was confusing at first, because I was not working on the FAQ widget, but on another part of the site, and then trying to upload via Muse FTTP, and kept crashing.  I thought it was a 3rd part blog issues as that was what I was working on, and made changes to, but that wasn't the issue.

Hope this is helpful!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case I have solved it like this: I have cut the accordion and I have paste it again. Muse will have recreated the code again (?) Works for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2018 1
Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, this is something very unique.

We will also give it a try and will be great if works.

Best Regards,

Ankush

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anksuh,

I am the individual who started this discussion thread and have yet to receive a reply from you on whether or not you have reviewed the .muse file I sent you. Please advise. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2018 1
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ankush,

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the file I sent you. I trust you have noticed by now that once you open the file and simply click "preview site" without making any changes, Muse crashes. This file worked fine prior to the update to Muse. Hope to hear more than crickets soon. Thx

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 08, 2018 0
Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey xchromosome,

Sorry for the delay, actually the replied in this thread are all related to a same problem and goes for you as well.

As I said that the major problem is because of the accordion widget which either needs to be rebuilt or either cut it paste again which shall also work.

Let me know if you still see issues.

Regards,

Ankush

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ankush,

Did you open my file? There isn't an accordion widget used in my file. Please advise if you have reviewed the file further. I know support for Muse will end soon so it would be great to solve this issue before the lights go out. I look forward to your response.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2018 0
Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Sorry I didn't elaborate my response enough.

You have an adaptive layout and there is an accordion in your phone layout.

Looks quite simple therefore won't be very problematic in remaking it.

Regards,

Ankush

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange. Proposed fix not working to solve the issue. Again, I merely opened the updated file and clicked preview in browser without doing anything else and Muse crashes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 13, 2018 0
Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ankush

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2018 2