• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Original property must have a px value

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to Muse 18. Opened a site to change an email address from a contact form. Saved the site. Went to upload and this: Original property must have a px value

Searched the Forums and found a couple of tips. One was to download a previous version which I did. Went to open the site that just crashed Muse and it said this site was created in a later version and can't be opened with this one. Basically I made a change to one email address and now the site is useless.

HELP!

Is this why you're killing off Muse? I've been a CC customer since Day 1. I need a realistic fix.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Hey, xchromosome and everyone else facing this issue.

There is a very simple workaround, let me make it simple.

If you check your phone/tablet layout (fixed width) and small breakpoints (responsive) any accordion used as menu need to be set as "responsive width" instead of "stretch to browser width".

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night Muse was giving me errors when I simply updated a single link to another page on the site. Muse was not formatting the resulting url correctly which resulted in the error. I saw that there was an update for Muse so I installed it and now Muse is giving me the same error being reported on this page. I deleted the accordion widget on my home page and still got the same error. Next I made a copy of the site and deleted the entire phone site from that version and DID NOT get the error.  I hope Adobe gets this bug fixed soon and does not think we all should just rebuild our phone sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Looks like we are heading towards a bug.

I have observed that if we nest a menu widget within an accordion this crash happens.

I will be creating a bug report for this and share it with the product team.

However, this only happens with a file made in the previous version, if we create a new accordion and place the menu widget, it works fine.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! At least now we know what the issue is! Look forward to the updates about solving this and the bug fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - Obviously I can't recreate all the accordions with the updated Muse - generally how long does it take the team to fix a bug like this, hours, days, weeks? -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any new posts on this. I am unable to post anything to my clients site until this bug is fixed. Deleting and recreating the entire phone site would be a huge expense since it relies on accordion widget. PLEASE RESPOND to my question as to an estimate of how long bug fixes like this take.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey York,

You don't need to recreate the entire accordion, but only those in which you have embedded a menu widget.

Although we have raised a bug fix request with the team, awaiting their response on this.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ankush, can I email you the site address? The only accordion with a menu (I believe) was on the home page. I deleted that (just to test) but still got the same error when trying to Export as HTML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure you can share the file with me in a private message.

For doing a private message hover the mouse on my picture and click "message".

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

While I was waiting for a reply I scoured the phone site and found a few things with accordions that I thought might be the problem, corrected them, and the error still occurred. Eventually, I just deleted a couple accordions at a time until I did not get the error. It took more time stressing over this, than it took to recreate the few that seemed to be the problem. Though I did not see anything that stood out that was causing the problem. I just noticed this morning that someone posted that I believe was that they cut and pasted the accordion and that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All -- I to received this error message, and so with the support of screen-share with an Adobe techie, we discovered that an ACCORDION PANEL Widget was corrupt, possibly occurring when I updated Muse to the current version. 

The solution was to remove the entire Accordion Panel Widget, then rebuild it using a current version of the Muse Accordion Panel widget, and all was fine.

We first tried to isolate the problem by removing individual panels one at at time, there are in 8 total, and eventually we determined that the entire widget needed be deleted and rebuilt.  You can see it here on my FAQ page of my site: www.danielfactor.com

This was confusing at first, because I was not working on the FAQ widget, but on another part of the site, and then trying to upload via Muse FTTP, and kept crashing.  I thought it was a 3rd part blog issues as that was what I was working on, and made changes to, but that wasn't the issue.

Hope this is helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ankush,

Did you review the .muse file I sent you a few days ago?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey xchromosome,

I am afraid that I don't see any file from you in my inbox.

Can you please retry sending it and will be happy to have a look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just resent it. Please confirm receipt when you can. I'd hate to lose more time. Thank you for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case I have solved it like this: I have cut the accordion and I have paste it again. Muse will have recreated the code again (?) Works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, this is something very unique.

We will also give it a try and will be great if works.

Best Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anksuh,

I am the individual who started this discussion thread and have yet to receive a reply from you on whether or not you have reviewed the .muse file I sent you. Please advise. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ankush,

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the file I sent you. I trust you have noticed by now that once you open the file and simply click "preview site" without making any changes, Muse crashes. This file worked fine prior to the update to Muse. Hope to hear more than crickets soon. Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey xchromosome,

Sorry for the delay, actually the replied in this thread are all related to a same problem and goes for you as well.

As I said that the major problem is because of the accordion widget which either needs to be rebuilt or either cut it paste again which shall also work.

Let me know if you still see issues.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ankush,

Did you open my file? There isn't an accordion widget used in my file. Please advise if you have reviewed the file further. I know support for Muse will end soon so it would be great to solve this issue before the lights go out. I look forward to your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Sorry I didn't elaborate my response enough.

You have an adaptive layout and there is an accordion in your phone layout.

Looks quite simple therefore won't be very problematic in remaking it.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange. Proposed fix not working to solve the issue. Again, I merely opened the updated file and clicked preview in browser without doing anything else and Muse crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, xchromosome and everyone else facing this issue.

There is a very simple workaround, let me make it simple.

If you check your phone/tablet layout (fixed width) and small breakpoints (responsive) any accordion used as menu need to be set as "responsive width" instead of "stretch to browser width".

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, in my case, the cut and paste the accordion menu doesn't resolve this issue. However, my accordion menu was set to Stretch to browser width. So I have tried to change it to Responsive Width and voilà, it works! Maybe it is a temporary solution in the case you have a very complicated menu (as well as I do) and have no time to rework it completely. In any case, I hope the Muse team will resolve this bug ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue on a site that does not have an accordion widget.

Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The accordion widget is in the mobi menu. Remove that menu and replace with a new version menu from the past 6 months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines