• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overhanging content on a page

New Here ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent a lot of time trying to come up with a solution for this problem, and it is quite frustrating, so any support would be appreciated.

Whilst zooming in and out of a browser window (control zoom) or by navigating through the browser interface, content that is overhanging in muse (if your website is not responsive) is shown to be overhanging the page (expected as normal)

The problem with manually adjusting and cropping the size of contents within muse is that it does not adjust to the perfect pixel of the edge of the breakpoint (especially images). Every time I try to make content (especially images) reach out to the edge of the breakpoint, it is either slightly to short (creating a white gap within the browser) or slightly overhanging the page. I try to leave a bit of leeway with the content (especially images) by making them sit slightly over the page width, so that I am certain that there are no gaps within the page on the browser. The problem with this is that when I zoom out within the browser, the content obviously appears to be overhanging. I have tried using different widges and code which I have found on the internet, but nothing seems to work.

I have also come up with the idea to place a solid background on a bottom layer of the page, and somehow creating another solid background over the page width and just setting that to subtract (on a top layer), but im not sure if there is anything like that in muse.

Any ideas...

Regards, Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Now I can think of a better option, placing an empty rectangle in the background of the image and filling it up with grey color and setting it as stretch to browser width.

Votes

Translate

Translate
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Paul,

Can we please have the URL of your site for testing?

Once after sharing the that, we can dig into the details of the site.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, my site that im working on is AussietrixGFX (www.aussietrixgfx.com)(its a portfolio website) that im trying to create.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about giving a browser fill?

By this, you will avoid the small white gap.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that could be an option. but there would be contrast between the different colour allocated and the other colours on the page?+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now I can think of a better option, placing an empty rectangle in the background of the image and filling it up with grey color and setting it as stretch to browser width.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just thought you should know...  inspiring to improve should be changed to aspiring to improve.

Also, you don't get any traction from search engines when you use images of text.  It's much better  for your  web presence & user accessibility to use REAL text so it can be indexed, scaled,  translated and spell checked for accuracy. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alright thanks, the reason I used images of text for some instances, is that I have issues with blurry text whilst scaling, will try to change those features again when I try and fix the main problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines