• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Padding Error

Participant ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody else found issues with textbox spacing padding? I have the new 2018 version of Muse.

The padding on my master page displays correctly when previewing just the master page.

However the master page elements lose their padding when displaying a regular page. (same in both Chrome and Firefox)

The blue box at the top is the native 'featured news' widget. The 'news update' text at the bottom is in a regular text box.

Prima Lingua | Your First Choice For Technical Translation

padding-issue.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

I can reproduce the issue and will report it in the Muse Prerelease forum.

For now, you can work aroud this issue, by setting the padding to „0“ and use the margin settings in the „Paragraph“ panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works without an issue here.

There are too many parameters in the game to reproduce your issue: Padding created with the „Spacing“ panel or by using paragraph settings? Paddings only to the left? To left and right? At all edges? And, and, and …

The best way to enable us to assist:

Give us a very small .muse file, containing only one of these „misbehaving“ text elements. To share this .muse file have a look at these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Günter

The padding issue refers to the spacing panel, which I applied to the text box.

The blue box at the top has 20px on all 4 sides.

The newsupdate text at the bottom has 30px left and right only.

Thanks for the instructions on uploading a file, hopefully the link below will work!

Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce the issue and will report it in the Muse Prerelease forum.

For now, you can work aroud this issue, by setting the padding to „0“ and use the margin settings in the „Paragraph“ panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks. Interestingly, the padding on the textbox over the homepage hero image works fine. Its just the padding on the elements located on the master page. If I move the problem text boxes to the home page they work fine, but as I want them on all 20+ pages, it naturally makes sense to place them on the master.

Got to say though, overall the 2018 version is much more stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Günter.

Same issue here with the contact form on master page.

Muse CC 2018 simple contact form padding problem on master page

Best

Roman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you fix the live site using the margin technique instead of padding ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I have temporarily moved the objects into the home page. As the issue only occurs on elements on the master.

I don't like the margin option, as this is inconsistent depending on page widths. (Gets narrower as page narrows).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see...thanks...nicely done site too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, these settings remain fixed. They are pixel based.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks HMAM and Günter, I have done what you suggested and used the paragraph based spacing instead.

Sometimes I focus too much on a problem and not a solution! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks to me like it’s just the left and right padding not working correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to Muse...

it appears that the top/bottom padding works. Just the left/right padding does not carry over from master pages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the padding issue, I’ve been saving and resaving  a very simple text box on a page and the padding is respected. It’s intermittently occurring which is why it may have been missed.

Here is a screen shot of two text boxes created on the master page with 40 pixels of padding applied to it.

when the home (index) page is previewed in browser, it works. Moments before the left and right padding were not...now they are! Glitchy...

Looks like the text boxes also dont always change size in exact proportions vertically when resizing the browser but you can see the padding is working. 40 pixel padding all around.

CA9629EA-BA2D-4DA9-B631-892E2EA9E7A0.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this is a known bug too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines