Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page Hierarchy?

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all you lovely people,

I've recently updated a website which was previously created through dreamweaver and has a few levels of hierarchy which are present in the sites URLs and as a result when clicking onto those pages when going through google it comes up with a 404, because there is obviously no page linked.

Have any of you found a way to create a page hierarchy within muse? and if so, how? It would be massively beneficial to know and I hope you're all willing to share

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

liamm37040935  написал(а)

Apologies for not making myself clear, so for instance, when the site is exported it would be something along the lines of:

www.website.com/food.html

and I'm trying to achieve

www.website.com/products/food.html

I hope this clears it up!

Muse creates only a linear structure type www.website.com/food.html.

Create a structure like www.website.com/products/food.html in one project is not possible. You can achieve this if you create a separate project with the contents for the / p

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you talking about? You must have seen the „Plan“ mode in Muse!

What exactly do you try to achieve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for not making myself clear, so for instance, when the site is exported it would be something along the lines of:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create a site www.yoursite.com and create a page with "products" this will result in www.yoursite.com/products.

If you create a further sub-page depending to products.page called "food":  www.yoursite.com/products/food.

Although I have no idea, why this is important (SEO?), the address, named in the browser depends on your site-plan, as Günter Heißenbüttel​ already implied.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my point, when the site is uploaded it doesn't translate into subfolders and such, the site plan has the pages in the hierarchy I require but when published it does not follow the hierarchy at all, therefore the previous site urls which were part of the website (and important to the company) link to nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just two examples from a recent site from a client: www.steinmetz-binder.de with menu items RESTAURIERUNG and DOKUMENTATION and here item FUENF

Steinmetzbetrieb Bernhard Binder-Restauratorischer Arbeiten durch geprüfte, betriebseigene Restaurat...

Steinmetzbetrieb Bernhard Binder-Text– und zeichnerische Dokumentationen auszuführender und ausgefüh...

The text from the links comes from page description/page name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

liamm37040935  написал(а)

Muse creates only a linear structure type www.website.com/food.html.

Create a structure like www.website.com/products/food.html in one project is not possible. You can achieve this if you create a separate project with the contents for the / products folder and you will separately export this project to this folder. You must re-link two projects manually. This has only applied meaning, but not practical application.

Thus, it can be stated that it is impossible to make such structure www.website.com/products/food.html in practice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines