• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page layout

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I normally use Dreamweaver, but am looking at what i can do with muse.

I have a site that I need to make the same in Muse as DW.

In my site I have body color brown

'pagewrapper white

footer is a light blue color

On the right I have a news section on some pages also a light blue. This needs to expand with content.

I can not duplicate this.

The template was made in DW then converted to CMSMS

Plasma Systems and equipment - Plasma Treating

I must be missing something really easy but what?

Would be greatfull for help.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Not too bad, Dave.

You could leave your text in footer to not responsive. So it doesn´t get too quirky too soon.

As soon as necessary you could add a breakpoint for that towards mobile .

For menu you could also set it o not resize/shrink and add a breakpoint when necessary.

Like this you could set it, as it appears almost on mobile. So it doesn`t shrink but keeps the same width as much as possible.

But this is just a design proposal.

For now (quick look) it looks better than the DW Site.

Best Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Body colour brown – in Muse – browser fill brown  – could be set in master page, so all pages, related to this master will have a brown browser fill.

Footer  – in Muse – set a rectangle as "stretch to browser width" and check mark the object as a footer (top right in Muse menu in design mode)

You should no later than now decide wether to create a responsive or adaptive site AND decide (if you choose responsive) wether to create fluid width layout or fixed width layout.

Watch tutorials about how to create a footer and header and check for fluid width and fixed width layouts as well.

News section to expand ? If it is only text this would be possible. I assume you want to edit more and more over times? Or what?

Does this help?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thanks

Body color brown – in Muse – browser fill brown  – could be set in master page, so all pages, related to this master will have a brown browser fill.

I did this whole page is brown as expected.

My site is responsive.

Page is set to max at 1500 px. This 1500 px is white. Done this by adding a white rectangle in an under layer 1500 px wide. This can not be on the master as I have to adjust the height according to the page content.

Did the same with the news section.

Put a rectangle in the footer on the master page as this will not vary. Also in background layer.

I will FTP up a quick draft to www.plasma-treating.de. OK done first page only. Menu is not styled or complete. Not set breaks or put in mobile nav. Just the basics. Master shows up if you click one of the menu buttons other then home.

Just seemed a bit of a strange way of doing it and I am sure it is wrong. Only came up with this after my post.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not too bad, Dave.

You could leave your text in footer to not responsive. So it doesn´t get too quirky too soon.

As soon as necessary you could add a breakpoint for that towards mobile .

For menu you could also set it o not resize/shrink and add a breakpoint when necessary.

Like this you could set it, as it appears almost on mobile. So it doesn`t shrink but keeps the same width as much as possible.

But this is just a design proposal.

For now (quick look) it looks better than the DW Site.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the comments.

The Dreamweaver site is to be fair several years old now.

I intend to replace the CMS version with the Muse version and compare the results in Google for a while. So I want it as near 1 – 1 as possible.

The main thing that I find difficult with Muse is the in Browser editing. It would be great if you could set h1, p,h2 etc.
In my own site http://www.edible-gold.com/golden-sugar.html I edited in the browser and got h2 when I wanted p. The only way I can see to solve this is to down load the page edit in DW or notepad++ and the up load again. Not done that yet.

I did this to add java script to hide email addresses from harvesters in the agents page as I could not get the script to appear in the right place from within Muse.

Couple of other small problems to solve with the mobile menu as chocolate sub menu is open when the site loads.

In spite of that I decided to go live and sole these ASAP.

Thanks for you help

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That`s quite a different question - of course you can set from h1 to p all you need if you take care of your paragraph styles for each text.

There you can make your settings as desired.

Watch also on youtube 5 Tips for better SEO. Also you could watch out here: Widgets – Adobe Muse Widget Directory ​.

Not sure if this is really necessary, would be great to hear from J-26 about that or anybody else.

Do the widgets do a better job than setting pages up as provided from muse out of the box?

If you are interested in google, than these items are must to take care of.

But this has nothing to do with IBE, what is your question about this?

Also for your mobile: why not publish your site provisionally on BC?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First BC. Don’t know why, got stuck in my old ways. I will look into this

IBE sorry not sure what this is the short form for.

I edited p text in the browser, but it got given a h2 tag? I will look more into this. I must have done something wrong. Looked at the source code all had p tags then suddenly one sentence had a h2. I can correct it when it merges in Muse, but then have to upload all changed pages.

As I have changed my htacess to give a 404 custom page (I need to examine if this can be done from within muse) and the agents page has extra java script they get set back during the up load and need to be held separately and reloaded or renamed before upload and then set back after.

Easier to correct in Notepad and then upload the copy

Was not a question just a comment in case you looked at the site to let you know I knew I had a problem.

I am looking at J+26 Widgets on offline development/learning site at the moment before I use them or not live.

There are dozens of videos on SEO and an amazing amount with 5 top tips. I look at these from time to time, but make changes slowly to try and see the effect.

Thanks for all the time you have spent chatting with me this turned into a longer chat than I expected.

Schöne Fotos Uwe viel Erfolg damit.

Danke

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines