Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Password Protect a file to download

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to add a file to my current muse site that is hosted using a 3rd party host. With this file, I would like to put a password on it in order to be able to download it. After everything that I have read on the forum and else where, I am coming to the conclusion that this cannot be done without paying for a 3rd party widget or paying for the Business Catalyst hosting. -- If you have a full Creative Cloud Membership, does that include the BC, or is that separate?

If there is a way to do this, without paying extra that I have somehow missed that would be wonderful. Of course being a muse user I would like to limit the amount of code needed...but if it can be done, then I'll suck it up and code what needs to be coded.

I like muse for how easy it is to go in and make the changes that I need to and how I feel that I have more control over the look of my site. But I keep coming into situations where muse can't do this or that...but then I'm not very good at coding.

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

If you password protect a page, you have to send the password to a legitimated user, correct?

If this is true, I'd suggest a different way, which doesn't cause more efforts:

• Create an encrypted zip file and send the password to the user. Or

• Put the file to your Dropbox or CC account and send the link to the authorized users.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you password protect a page, you have to send the password to a legitimated user, correct?

If this is true, I'd suggest a different way, which doesn't cause more efforts:

• Create an encrypted zip file and send the password to the user. Or

• Put the file to your Dropbox or CC account and send the link to the authorized users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines