• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pause audio trigger when triggering another audio clip?

Participant ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone. I use this widget in a number of places around the website for my webcomic. Audio Trigger Widget for Adobe Muse – Adobe Muse Widget Directory

I often use it so that readers of my webcomic can click certain frames of the comic and trigger an audio file to enhance the mood fo the episode.

Normally with each frame that they click a different audio effect is triggered. If they click a second audio trigger before another is finished playing, they will play over each other which is great because it allows the comic page to act as a sort of sound board that the user can mix the way that they want. But for a new episode that I'm about to put out, I was hoping to have it so that one of the frames that you click will not only play its audio but also stop the audio of another frame from playing. Do you know if thats possible?

Check out this episode of my webcomic to see how I currently have the audio triggers working. Just click on the highlightable frames to trigger the effect.

002: 6:05am

Do you see how the sounds play over each-other? For this new episode I'm putting out I want each audio trigger to not only play the audio but also stop other audio from playing if it hasn't finished yet.

Thanks for your time!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

I also recommend the MuseGrid Audio package. Don't know if playing one file will stop another that's already playing, but you should be able to find out quickly. I suggest checking with Jason via their chat pod at MuseGrid.com. Click the talk icon in the lower right corner of any page to open the chat pod.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it is possible and there are a few makers but I have the one Chris made...

test it here Audio Responsive Test

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also recommend the MuseGrid Audio package. Don't know if playing one file will stop another that's already playing, but you should be able to find out quickly. I suggest checking with Jason via their chat pod at MuseGrid.com. Click the talk icon in the lower right corner of any page to open the chat pod.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Scott+Citron  wrote

Don't know if playing one file will stop another that's already playing,

yes it does mate... as the test page demos

the early widgets didn't but they got patched | improved a while back so make sure your widgets are up to date if they don't give that result

p.s, One final caveat, 2017 is the most stable Muse build and where most of the 3rd party widget makers stopped development so be clear about what build any widget maker supports now that Adobe has stopped Muse and before you move over to the 2018 builds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you have to spend a pretty penny to get that MuseGrid Audio Package thing and I'm not really in a place right now where I can afford it. I kinda got it working using a different method, here check it out 006: Party in the Back If you click on the first frame of the comic a song begins to play, and if you click on the frame where the hand is pulling the cord of the light bulb it cuts off the song from the first frame and begins to play a new sound effect. Although, things get funky if you click the frame with the lightbulb a second time...

Regarding the Muse build, are you saying that a number of my widgets wont work anymore if I update my muse app to the latest version?

Thanks agin everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes all 3rd party widget makers will state clearly what version of Muse they have tested... installing 2018 = use at your own risk in that senario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines