• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Persistently visible navigation buttons

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to have website content scroll in such a way that the top header & navigation buttons are always visible?

I am able to accomplish persistent navigation by  locating the navigation menu buttons on the top layer.

When I scroll,  however, the images on my website scroll up to the top of the page and essentially occlude the navigation menu.

The menu is there but the image is dark you have to really squint to find the buttons.

Is there a way to constrain the scroll such that the visible portion stops at the bottom of my top header?

I would like to have my logo and navigation buttons constantly visible.

I happy to hunt down youtube videos on this topic but I don't even know what to call the concept.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

MCCMultimedia​: The tutorial, you linked, is from 2013(!). Since then, Muse has been re-builed from scratch! (It is responsive now.) The tutorial only works under certain conditions (fixed width pages), and may not help considering the original poster’s site.

Therefore I asked for a .muse file to have a look at. Pinning navigation is now THAT easy, that I suspect a „deeper“ cause, why the original poster isn’t able to achieve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us an example, perhaps show us the site in question.

It is very heavy to understand, what you want to achieve.

• Yes, it is possible to have the menu permanent visible at the top of the page.
  • Yes, it is possible, to scroll the content „under“ the header.

But, before starting an endless question and answer game: Give us a link, to demonstrate the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank  you Günter for your recommendation.

I will try to create a new site to illustrate what I am trying to accomplish.

The particular site I am having issues with, at customer's request, needs to remain somewhat anonymous.

I will see what I can do to better explain myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is no problem, if the site has to be anonymous:

• Delete all pages and elements, which are not related to the issue,
  • replace text by placeholder text,
  • delete images,
  • save the file under a new name,
  • upload it to Dropbox, CC Files or a similar file sharing service and
  • post the download link here.

A matter of minutes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are looking for something called a "fixed navigation" or "sticky navigation". Those search terms will get you lots of results in YouTube. Check out this one that I think will help - Adobe Muse CC Tutorial | Scrolling Sticky Navigation - YouTube . Essentially you would create a nav bar that uses the scrolling features to start moving at the speed of the browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MCCMultimedia​: The tutorial, you linked, is from 2013(!). Since then, Muse has been re-builed from scratch! (It is responsive now.) The tutorial only works under certain conditions (fixed width pages), and may not help considering the original poster’s site.

Therefore I asked for a .muse file to have a look at. Pinning navigation is now THAT easy, that I suspect a „deeper“ cause, why the original poster isn’t able to achieve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines