Ok, I'm totally stumped here. I've been making changes to my page, and suddenly every phone number is changing to a different one. I purged my browser cache thinking it was remembering an old number, but no...it's just changing on its own from what's in Muse. In EVERY place that specific number is shown, it changes, but if I change the number it no longer changes. The fax number is fine and doesn't change. The phone number, however, changes to a diffferent one as I preview or export the page. It's never done this before...
Could you provide a screenshot what happened? Why should the phone number change? Did you chang any phone numbers?Do you link to your phone numbers? So that users can tap the phone number and it starts to dial or (Android) at least change to phone app?
If I knew why the phone number changed, I wouldn't be posting here
I did add links, but all the links are exactly the same as the phone number – not the mysterious new number.
I may have tracked down the problem, but I'm still not sure – the marketing company my clients works with provided some HTML to facilitate tracking in their system, and after just speaking with them, it sounds like that code might be responsible. I'm waiting to confirm.
This is really strange when two different institutions work on the same ftp from different locations. This should be not regular.
Turns out it was indeed the HTML the SEO agency supplied. It changes all the phone numbers to facilitate tracking the effectiveness of various marketing campaigns. I wish they'd told me that before I pulled out the last of my hair looking for something I did wrong on my end.