Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Phone numbers in blue on mobile

Engaged ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning

Please can someine tell me how to stop the phone numbers appering in blue on mobiles. I am aware ths is something the mobile device does rather than Muse and did have a solution when I used Serif, but I cant remember what it was or if it will even be the same.

TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Most of the suggestions lead to malfunction so users can not tap the phone number, right?

What about, if you set the links as you like? Did you try this? There´s the possibilty to link with the default link tab in the top menu bar, like you would link to another site or page or anchor, just fill in the desired phone number and hit enter.

Now you should be able to style the phone number as a button as desired with normal-rollover-click-active states?

Does this work?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could watch out in your site properties to change link styles.

You are even able to use different link styles for each link you create.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not set as a link, its something that mobile phones do.... If I remember rightly there is some code that disables it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done quite a few websites now with muse and had never anything that puts numbers (phone numbers are just text, aren`t it?) with blue as long as they are not linked as phone numbers ore linked to anywhere.

So, you might have to have it linked accidentially, maybe?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some phones do read a set of {text} numbers as phone numbers... I've seen lots of code workarounds but nothing that works on every browser\ phone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a link for more info Uwe

How To Ban Blue Links on iOS Devices In Email

I will try a few of these and see how I go, wasnt usre if anyone had a 'go to method' I think making the offending items links and controlling the link behaviour may help... I hope.... we will see....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the suggestions lead to malfunction so users can not tap the phone number, right?

What about, if you set the links as you like? Did you try this? There´s the possibilty to link with the default link tab in the top menu bar, like you would link to another site or page or anchor, just fill in the desired phone number and hit enter.

Now you should be able to style the phone number as a button as desired with normal-rollover-click-active states?

Does this work?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I think thats worth a try, thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may use an „O“ instead of a „0" (= zero) or type blanks into the number and make them disappear visually by using the „Tracking" command in the „Text“ panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Günter Heißenbüttel​, what is it all about with this "Tracking" - can`t really find it?

Thanks in advance,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but doing this disables the functionality also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe

I can only find a way to style ALL links, I'm sure I must be missing something. Where can I style only selcted links?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to work, thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have access to CSS code, add this to your stylesheet:

a[href^="tel"]{ color:inherit; text-decoration:none; }

Adding this to your CSS preserves functionality of the telephone number but strips the underline and matches the site's link colors.

HTML:

<a href="tel:5551231234">555 123-1234</a>

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no they don't have easy access to the CCS code... they could make a custom style but most Muse users like to stay inside the ui

you can use the 'insert html' tool to add inline code and that works on these systems so for example

style ="text-decoration: none; color: blue"

would tell the text inside a html box to not underline like normal links and in this case always be blue... this youtube tutorial is for linking to iframes in Muse but the same trick works for phone numbers if they want to add custom codes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I create different links styles please Uwe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to „Page Properties“. There you can add and/or edit link styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I found t in the hyperlinks box at the top of my page. I didnt realise I could add link styles. This seems to have corrected the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dandybox  schrieb

Where do I create different links styles please Uwe?

I was on the way through a part of Germany, hopefully you got a solution, finally? Thanks to Günter Heißenbüttel​to be up to date with this.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

„Tracking“ adjusts the distance betreten characters. You find this function in the „Text“ panel:

Screen.png

You can, for example, type a space (blank) between two numbers and make this space invisible by adjusting the tracking by entering a negative value. Since the blank „breaks“ the phone number, although it is invisible, the number won‘t be detected  by the phone‘s operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines