Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Phone Site Issues: Switching to landscape mode

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I have an issue with my phone layout. When I turn the phone from portrait to landscape orientation while playing a video, it stops the video and redirects the phone to the tablet version of the site.

My largest breakpoint in my phone layout is 414 fixed, tablet layout is 768 fixed. Smallest Desktop BP: 815 fluid, min width 769.

Try it yourself: ON A PHONE, go to https://www.hedinger-design.com/phone/subway.html then play the video, and turn your phone to landscape after it starts. This behavior is really annoying. How do I stop it?

TOPICS
Bugs , Error , Performance , Product issue , Publish , Responsive design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

It should be quite easy to copy your tablet and phone versions to a single responsive site by using fixed width breakpoints.

By using the same values, as you setup your adaptive tablet and phone versions you should not take too much time to fix that. Of course you don`t need bootstrap in Muse but as Nany mentioned, support for Muse will end pretty soon.

If you need some more help, let us know. I hope you know the idea of using breakpoints in Muse?

It may look like this on your side:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-28 um 09.13.52.png

After c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what you get with an adaptive site -- separate pages for different sized devices.  You really need only one responsive page that works well in all devices, regardless of size and orientation.  

Bootstrap is a very popular responsive framework used by millions of sites worldwide.  But Muse doesn't understand Bootstrap and never will.  So to use Bootstrap, you have to switch to different software like Dreamweaver, Pinegrow or Bootstrap Studio among others. 

=======================

Just a gentle reminder that Muse is EOL and support will end soon on March 26.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be quite easy to copy your tablet and phone versions to a single responsive site by using fixed width breakpoints.

By using the same values, as you setup your adaptive tablet and phone versions you should not take too much time to fix that. Of course you don`t need bootstrap in Muse but as Nany mentioned, support for Muse will end pretty soon.

If you need some more help, let us know. I hope you know the idea of using breakpoints in Muse?

It may look like this on your side:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-28 um 09.13.52.png

After changing this your page will loke like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-28 um 09.14.03.pngYou can then add breakpoints by rightclicking the "1160" section in the breakpoints-barr either add a breakpoint or change its value to your needs.

Hope that helps,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everybody. I managed to fix it by changing some of the breakpoints.

I started this site in muse and by the time I realized support had ended and that muse isn't that great in general, I decided it is best to just finish it and roll it out. In the meantime I've already started building the site in dreamweaver instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines