Highlighted

Phone version of site not working properly

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I've been going back and forward with creating mobile friendly versions of my site and have hit a bit of a brick wall!

I initially set each page up using various breakpoints but the whole site fell apart because I needed more control over how the text was set on specific pages.

I eventually abandoned the idea of breakpoints and decided to go down the 'Alternative Layouts' route. It was a longer process setting up each layout but it gave me the specific control over each page that I needed.

I have however, hit another problem! On the 'Home' page of the site everything looks fine on various devices when I look at it in portrait mode but when I spin it to horizontal mode the layout shifts over to the left. I also put together the 'About Us' page but this works fine in both portrait and horizontal mode. Both pages have the same set up though so I'm not sure why it works on the 'About Us' page and not the 'Home' page.

If anyone has any ideas why this is happening I would be grateful for a solution! The link to the phone version of the site is: Home

Kind Regards
Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Phone version of site not working properly

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I've been going back and forward with creating mobile friendly versions of my site and have hit a bit of a brick wall!

I initially set each page up using various breakpoints but the whole site fell apart because I needed more control over how the text was set on specific pages.

I eventually abandoned the idea of breakpoints and decided to go down the 'Alternative Layouts' route. It was a longer process setting up each layout but it gave me the specific control over each page that I needed.

I have however, hit another problem! On the 'Home' page of the site everything looks fine on various devices when I look at it in portrait mode but when I spin it to horizontal mode the layout shifts over to the left. I also put together the 'About Us' page but this works fine in both portrait and horizontal mode. Both pages have the same set up though so I'm not sure why it works on the 'About Us' page and not the 'Home' page.

If anyone has any ideas why this is happening I would be grateful for a solution! The link to the phone version of the site is: Home

Kind Regards
Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 18, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this helps:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-18 um 17.36.38.png

But of course it might has some space now on the left and the right side of your page?

Best Regards,
Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 0
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You´ll find this in Site Properties, btw.

Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers for the response fotoroeder. I've just gone through the whole site and made sure everything is aligned to the centre but I'm still getting the same problem on the mobile 'Home' pages?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 0
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still left aligned?

Do you have "placed" some elements outside the canvas?

That´s the "normal" behaviour of pages, when something even "bleeds" outside the canvas, because browsers try to show everything.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've just checked my pages in Muse again but there's nothing sitting outside of the page areas. Everything on the page is within the page boundaries as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2017 0
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HM, would you mind to share your .muse? Just the mobile version? If possible only one page?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem, here's a link to the phone version of the site:

https://adobe.ly/2gtX7da

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2017 0