• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

**(PICS)** Why am I recieving this message about my fonts?

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I keep on receiving this message when I go to preview my site now all of the sudden

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 5.44.57 AM.png

I thought that once you use webfonts and download them through the adobe muse typekit or webfonts application that Adobe servers were hosting these fonts so that you didnt have to worry about if the person viewing your site had this font downloaded or not and it also didnt have to make an image in order to use it..

As you can see I donwloaded this font an it falls under the web fonts category

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 5.46.14 AM.png

So I am confused what am I doing wrong here?

Please let me know what i can do in order to fix it thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

When you use „Brush Script Std“, all will work fine.

When you assign „Bold“ and/or „Italic“ to the font by clicking the corresponding icons, it will give you the alert, you showed us.

This is, because „Brush Script“ has only one type face – standard. Evidently the font doesn’t support other styles, which aren’t designed within the font, but simply assigned by clicking the „Bold“ or „Oblique“ icons. And, frankly spoken, to apply „bold“ or „oblique“ to this font doesn’t make sense at all.

One more hi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you use „Brush Script Std“, all will work fine.

When you assign „Bold“ and/or „Italic“ to the font by clicking the corresponding icons, it will give you the alert, you showed us.

This is, because „Brush Script“ has only one type face – standard. Evidently the font doesn’t support other styles, which aren’t designed within the font, but simply assigned by clicking the „Bold“ or „Oblique“ icons. And, frankly spoken, to apply „bold“ or „oblique“ to this font doesn’t make sense at all.

One more hint: Your screenshot shows, that you have activated „Brush Script“ two times (as TypeKit and Edge font) You should deinstall one of them, because every layout application may rub into trouble, if you are using different instances of one font. I’d suggest to deinstall the TypeKit version, because the „Edge“ version is free and won’t stop working, when you cancel your CC account for whatever reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines