Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Picture elements move undesirably

Participant ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Unfortunately, picture elements move in an undesired horizontal direction, although they should only be movable vertically (see screen clip):

Adobe Creative Cloud

I mean, I did not place anything outside of the content area / screen except anchor points? (see Muse project screenshot):

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-19 um 14.27.16.png

In addition, the IB test page does not work on the "Galaxy Tab A 2016 has 1024x768" of my customer (see screen clip 2). Here even the menu moves although it is fixed?:

Adobe Creative Cloud

What is wrong? I'm asking for your help.

Best regards, Patrick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

I updated the update. It´s a little trial and error to set the text inside this button.

By pushing it a little to the right, it does not bleed outside at 800.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-21 um 14.09.36.png

Adobe Creative Cloud

But I tried another approach by using a simple text box and set it as desired – you may change font of course and colour.

Now you are able to play around like with all textboxes with spacing and stuff:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-21 um 14.26.53.png

That way you have best control, I guess.

About your vertical approach: As soon as you have set your menu as desired (don`t

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the screenshot I realize quite a lot of breakpoints. It is recommended (don`t ask me by whom this is recommended ), to use 3 to 5 breakpoints, in order to reduce the ftp-space needed (and therefor time to load?).

It seems, without seeing a .muse, that unpinnning most objects could help a lot.

But this regards to wether you used rectangles (M) and filled those with images or used frames (F) and filled those with images.

Resizing options are quite different.

Elements pinned and have resize options behave weird, though. Resizing elements unpinned, mostly stay where intended.

Your next step could be to reduce your file to one page with maybe one or two elements and share a link with us.

Easiest way to do so: save the file with a new name into your Creative Cloud Files-folder and by right click this file:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-19 um 14.39.09.png

Of course you could first try it by yourself in the same way, reduce your file as much as possible, save it with a new name, and check for pinning and unpinning those misbehaving elements.

Be aware, while using the scrubber, that at no time elements should leave the canvas at no time:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-19 um 15.26.21.png

This happens mostly, when a fixed width breakpoint is set and elements are outside the guides for the next smaller breakpoint:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-19 um 14.26.35.png

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Uwe,

thanks for your quick reply. Ichecked your tips, but unfortunately ist doesn't help solving the problem.

It seems, that every object, that isn't pinned to a corner (vertically) is „wobbly" can be moved.

Here is the test .muse:

Adobe Creative Cloud

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse does exactly(!) what you tell it to do!

You definitely have to make clear, what scaling and pinning in essence is.

The text elements and the circle image are pinned to the browser window. That means: They stay at exactly the vertical position from top, where you have pinned them. There is nothing „wobby“ about that at all.

You have a quite complicated situation:

The background images scales proportionally, the circle in front and the text is forbidden to scale.

Consequence: The background image shrinks in both directions, what makes the circle and the text to visually move  downwards. This isn’t the case: They stay, where they are told to stay.

A solution is, to unpin these elements and tell Muse, that the circle/text should not keep the distance from the top of the page, but move synchronously with the background image. This can be achieved by placing a "guiding frame" above the circle/text and group this „guiding frame" with the circle/text element. The guiding frame has to scale in the same way as the background image – proportionally – and isn’t allowed to overlap the circle/text elements.

Look at this screencast:

The rest, what may look „wobby“ to you, is simply the fact, that the circle/text keeps its size, while the background image is scaling. If you want to avoid this, the circle and the text have to be allowed to scale too. This will end up in placing the „text“ as a SVG graphic, since text doesn’t scale proportionally.

You see: A layout like yours has a lot of pitfalls, which aren’t „Muse issues“, but „issues of web pages, which are built to react responsively.

Finally one word: With a layout like this (mixing differently scaling elements, which overlap each other) you will run into heavy layout issues, if you don’t really make yourself very clear, how scaling and pinning is working.

I’d suggest to read these threads, which are all dealing with this problem:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2345133

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2271454

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2410624

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2377071

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2440719

And „one more thing“ (© Steve Jobs): You have way too much breakpoint. If you need more than 4 breakpoints, you definitly should re-think your layout. (Again: This is no Muse problem, this is a general approach to responsive layout.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Günter,

I thank you for your useful tips!

The way you explain things is really understandable and vivid. (Please forgive me my not perfect english).

Your words may well describe the topics of my site, but I still do not understand the connection to the first of my two problem topics (excuse me, please):

1. On the Samsung the menu "disappears" including the surface (please see clip again). It seems as if the device (upright) selects a breakpoint version that is horizontal and scaled? And under the background picture you can see a white background area that does not belong there either.

For all other tablets, phones, desktops it is as desired.

Adobe Creative Cloud

2. Issue 2 for me is not the problem of the menu: Element (groups) such as the the gallery should only move horizontally from top to bottom, not horizontally.

I found out that the problem is with the gallery (so far I have to update the .muse document (where the gallery was missing).

The original site doesn't have this problem without using the gallery widget (clip 2c):

Adobe Creative Cloud

Just as I install the gallery it comes to extreme, lateral, unwanted mobility: (clip 2b):

Adobe Creative Cloud

As suggested by you, I have tried to lead the mediacontainer (incl. gallery) with a guide frame. The test page works fine but used the copied gallery in the original page at the same breakpoint (1366 px) that does not work anymore. I tried to recreate the guide frame on the original page, but this also does not work. My tests have shown that it can not have anything to do with the (too many) breakpoints or the master page.

Test site (updated):

Adobe Creative Cloud

Original site:

Adobe Creative Cloud

Can you please help me, because the gallery problem, I currently have several pages.

Thanks in advance

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps someone else chimes in here. To find all the issues of this page, would mean, to rebuild it from scratch. I don’t have the time for this.

One hint: You have much, much, much to much breakpoints! If 3, maximal 4 aren’t enough, your layout is not suitable for responsive web design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the solution, but the breakpoint at 320 is not usefull. There are no smaller devices than 320. Set it t mimimum width of 320 should pretty much do the job.

Even on master you use so many breakpoints, while I see no big difference betweenn 375n and 414, to say just one.

Between 414 and 568 you have these two layouts:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-20 um 18.18.23.png

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-20 um 18.18.11.png

You really have to do it with less breakpoints, as Günter Heißenbüttel​ already recommended.

Your design really must work with less breakpoints as well on the page. From a design point of view you create a magazine but

for screendesign, which changes its size all the time.

I gave it a try with your master here: Adobe Creative Cloud ​

I followed Günter Heißenbüttel​ advice with using a frame on top of the menu, so it follows this all time, which I find quite nice.

Feel free to do your changes as desired. Of course these layers should be transparent finally.

On desktop I grouped the top image and the menu – on mobile I simply hided that layer in other breakpoints and added a new one.

This one dosn´t need to be grouped – it makes the menu follow all the way up towards the minimum width of 320.

Like this you should treat your pages as well.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the master, becauase the accordion was outside the canvas – moved it down.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-21 um 07.34.40.png

I´m not sure if the link still links to the same file: Adobe Creative Cloud https://adobe.ly/2Ca3uLQ

Watch for accordion.

On page you use anchor links. This will behave badly on fluid width design, as thy don`t move accordingly with browser size.

Just not important in this case but the anchors were not ligned up and should be placed just on the left side of the canvas and not off the canvas.

Your frame has no function if you use like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-21 um 08.02.02.png

It does its job when set to resize in width and height and grouped. You grouped it but with no resizing.

I changed it on the current version AND found that the gallery thumbs have to set to resize in width and height, too.

Why this has to be done seperately? No idea.

Next and prev buttons have to be here:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-21 um 08.43.57.png

Otherwise they move out.

I changed some only for the bigger breakpoint 1400 (yes I set master and page to 1400).

Decisions on 1024 need to be made.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Uwe,

thanks Uwe for spending your time.

fotoroeder  schrieb

I updated the master, becauase the accordion was outside the canvas – moved it down.

I´m not sure if the link still links to the same file: Adobe Creative Cloud https://adobe.ly/2Ca3uLQ

Watch for accordion.

Did I use/do you used a accordion? we are talkin about the menu, right?

I'm afraid I can not access the updated version. The version I see has two breakpoints, which is definitely desirable. Only then I have problems in various browser window settings (that's why I built so many breakpoints):

Width 1920 and 1366 px looking fine:
Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-21 um 11.22.41.png

Width 800 px the menue points overlapping the cricle fond:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-21 um 11.23.31.png

768 x 1024 px the menue points touching the cricle fond + the background pic needs to be the upright version (wich I used before in the upright browser situation)?:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-21 um 11.24.37.png

414 x736  px (also > 320 x 568 px) the background pic needs to be the upright version (wich I used before in the upright browser situation)?:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-21 um 11.24.49.png

667 x 375 px (also 568 x 320 px) the menue is out of canvas:Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-21 um 11.25.11.png

... Is my design so impractical for responsive websites?

fotoroeder  schrieb

It does its job when set to resize in width and height and grouped. You grouped it but with no resizing.

I changed it on the current version AND found that the gallery thumbs have to set to resize in width and height, too.

... Where can I find your revised .muse file?

Best regards, Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the update. It´s a little trial and error to set the text inside this button.

By pushing it a little to the right, it does not bleed outside at 800.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-21 um 14.09.36.png

Adobe Creative Cloud

But I tried another approach by using a simple text box and set it as desired – you may change font of course and colour.

Now you are able to play around like with all textboxes with spacing and stuff:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-21 um 14.26.53.png

That way you have best control, I guess.

About your vertical approach: As soon as you have set your menu as desired (don`t forget to set the rectangle to transparent, only if you like the framed Headshot, feel free to use it), in your case I would set the image on page only, because of the interference of image and galleries and other content. Now you could use horizontal, vertical approach es wanted and needed much better, than jumping between master and page.

But, seeing upcoming issues with your anchors, I recommend to try it with fixed width breakpoints.

In your case, of course I would create the site left aligned then instead of centered as usually.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello once again,

I still have not figured out why exactly the grouped elements can move extremely horizontally?

Here is a simple Tets2 document.

Adobe Creative Cloud

All Wright Kopie​

In the range between 1366 and 1920 pixels, the grouped elements can be moved horizontally. It makes no difference whether fixed width or fluif width is set in the breakpoint.

BUT:

When I remove the gallery, the agility is minimal.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Can you change the problem that seems to have something to do with the gallery widget?

Best regards

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved it by ungrouping everything, unpinning everything in all breakpoints (your thumbs had been pinned for some reason-maybe accidentially), then I pinned the background and its shadow and the slideshow as a whole to the right (three dots pinning):

Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-09 um 17.01.08.png

Don`t know if you still need the empty rectangle on top of this construction anymore.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Uwe,

I was so happy to read your solution, so I tried to implement it.

Adobe Creative Cloud

In the preview in Muse (by breakpoint scrubbing) it also works as desired:

Adobe Creative Cloud

Unfortunately, it does not work in the browser preview:

Adobe Creative Cloud

Even if I group all elements in every breakpojnt I have the same result.

What am I doing wrong?

Best regards, Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks horrible, yes. I check what´s going wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Call me nuts, but now, as I pin all elements (container, image, thumbs, background layers) to the right (3 dot pinning), it keeps its position. Check it out …

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Uwe,

strange – now it works!

Unfortunately, the procedure leaves a slight aftertaste, because I think that I was already at this point, and it did not work, and here alone I have lost so much time ...

Muse seems to be really idiosyncratic sometimes. In between, was the flush of the caption in one of the breakpoints changed from left to right by itself? And this is just one of many.

Nevertheless - thank you for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, we really are dealing with a bug here. I can’t get this to work:

1. We have a fluid width page and a fixed width standard slideshow (fixed width hero, fixed width thumbnail container, no other elements at all).
  2. What I want to achieve: The complete slideshow (hero + thumbs) should be pinned to the right, without the thumbs moving over the heroes. Both elements – hero and thumbs – should move synchronously.
  3. Synchronously moving hero and thumbs aren’t even possible, when no pinning at all is required!

If you get this to work, please post the link to a small working .muse file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Günther,

currently it works with Uwe's solution:

All elements (not grouped),3-point-pinned to the right, in each breakpoint.

I had tried that before, but it did not work. Now it works! (?) - at least in the test document. I'm curious how it works in the original then. Sometimes it seems to me, as if Muse stores any old acts / information and thus comes in confusion.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Creative Cloud

I also think, it´s a bug but there´s a workaround – should not ne necessary, though.

I had to pin every single element in this construction: container, image, thumbs, next-prev buttons, background layers.

In 768 I changed to set any single element to resize in width and height – text to resize in width only, of course.

In 768 no pinning necessary.

Best TRegards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. Now let us try a most simple variant:

• Create a standard fluid page.
  • Place a standard thumbnail slide show.
  • Hide all slide show elements, except the thumbnails and – of course – the heroes. (Don’t choose „freeform thumbnails“!!)
  • Define the hero container as „Resize: None"
  • Define the thumbnail container as "Resize: None“ (The thumbnails are set to „Resize: None“ in this case automatically)
  • Interestingly, the thumbnail container doesn’t allow page pinning (3-dot-icon is faded)!
  • Now preview in browser.
  • You will see, that the hero runs „behind" the thumbnail container in this situation.

Now try all pinning variants, which come to your mind, to avoid this and make the heroes and the thumbnail container move synchronously.

I can’t …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works only with pinning container and hero to the left.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Works with no pinning not at all and with pinning to center better than with pinning to the right.

BTW, it is solved in the prerelease as I checked.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder  schrieb

BTW, it is solved in the prerelease as I checked.

No, definitely not. Check my sample file in Prerelease forum.

Your samples deal with other issues. My sample is based on thumbs to the left, hero to the right and no left pinning (we didn’t loose a single word about left pinning until now). And Patrick’s sample doesn’t really work to. You can see that the thumbs and the hero don’t move synchronously. the are shifting – slightly but really visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I check in prerelease forum over the day, I hope.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... yes, I can!

Both need to be pinned:
- the hero

and

- the hero container

Adobe Creative Cloud

(The reason why I choosed "freeform thumbnail" before, was that I can't 3-dot-pinn the thumbnail container.)

Back to my clients project:

It works now also with the "freeform thumbs" version, but unfortunately i still have the unwanted agility of the elements between breakpoints 1366 and 1920 px:

Adobe Creative Cloud

All Wright

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like there are some elements outside the canvas in this breakpoint?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines