Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pin a composition

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have created a little Social Slider using the Standard-Composition-Widget. Is there a way to pin this widget to the side of the browser? I'm having issues with it disappearing during this procedure. (And yes, I know it's not the most elegant way but I gave it a try.)

The Slider consists of 4 different compositions each containing 4 triggers and 'layers' whilst just one of the layers includes the actual slide out bar and the other triggers are surrounding it. I've published the site on BC although I doubt that this will help. ( https://compositionslider.businesscatalyst.com/index.html )

So basically I just want to know if there is a way to stick/pin it to the left side of the browser and I'd appreciate any tips concerning the widget itself (esp. usability)

Thanks in advance,

Maurice

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Yes, you can pin the composition to the edge of the browser window. The elements will stay at this position, even if you scroll the page. Look at this screencast:

Two annotations:

• Would be simpler, if you use one composition with 4 targets, instead of four compositions, with one target each.
  • I’d delete the smaller breakpoints, while you are working at the widest. It is much.much simpler, to (almost) finish the widest breakpoint and then adding the smaller ones than placing all breakpoints at the be

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we talk about this?

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-08 um 21.10.51.png

I guess, pinning is the lease problem with it.

Could you provide a .muse with just this page and this widget so we can have a closer look?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Sliders are working fine. I've just made them for one breakpoint yet (1200). I'll shortly upload it.

slider.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uploaded the .muse file on wetransfer. I hope that's alright. To make things clear. I do not have problems with the slider itself, i'll fix the use on each bp by myself later. I just want to know if there's a possibility to pin this thing on the side of the browser (or pinning it in general).

https://we.tl/Xr6PKKDVvg

Kind regards,

Maurice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can pin the composition to the edge of the browser window. The elements will stay at this position, even if you scroll the page. Look at this screencast:

Two annotations:

• Would be simpler, if you use one composition with 4 targets, instead of four compositions, with one target each.
  • I’d delete the smaller breakpoints, while you are working at the widest. It is much.much simpler, to (almost) finish the widest breakpoint and then adding the smaller ones than placing all breakpoints at the beginning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Günter,

I actually tried that as well before since this is like one of the more simple things in Muse. Unfortunately the disappearing was caused by the other breakpoints which didn't fit so after hiding the widget in the other ones it worked as firstly expected.

I've noted the 2 additions, kind of made it way too complicated (was a 2 minute thing to add an excuse haha).

Everything's working so far, thank you very much.

The problem with making just one composition is that you are not able to have a "close when not rolling over" as far as I know which means that there's always one active layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines