Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pinning issues with slideshow targets

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have had some big problems earlier with slideshow galleries shifting read : Galleries shifts after update to 2018

There were no solutions to this earlier issue so I started to make new galleries, however a new set of problems appeared.

The pinning, in this case the center pinning, changes state if i move the thumbnails.

This creates a whole lot of issues when it comes to viewing in browser.

I made a screen video to better understand the issue.

Dropbox - pinningproblems.muse

Hope someone have a solution.

Thankful for all tips.

Best regards,

Andreas Berntsen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see two lightbox images; one is left top aligned and the other is left center aligned... why is this a pin issue?

Screenshot (225).png

Screenshot (226).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have linked to the gallery from the old post and not the video that was intended, my bad.

Here are the correct Link:

Dropbox - Pinning issues adobe muse.rar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don‘t you give us a small .muse file (only one page, only the elements, related to your issue), showing your issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the Muse file:

Dropbox - Pinningissues.rar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t reproduce your issue. Or did I miss something?

The pinning remains, as it should:

Uuups, stop!

I see: The pinning indicators work fine in your widest – fixed width – breakpoint.

In your fluid breakpoints, the indicator „fails“. I am sure this is simply a visual glitch, because pinning was completely revised in this version of Muse: Responsive elements, which are part of a responsive widget, handle pinning automatically, as long as they aren’t set to fixed width. Your thumbnails are set to „fixed width“.

By the way: The same behaviour can be seen, if you place a standard „States“ button and set the text frame within to „Resize: None“:

As far as I see, your thumbnails behave as expected, don’t they?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Günther.

Thanks for looking into this problem.

The thumbnails start to shift again if the pinning is not set to the center unfortunately, so it`s not just a visual glitch.

As you can see the red box, center pinned, behave as it should.

Here are a link to show the problem:

Dropbox - Pinningissues2.rar 

Basically this is the same problem as I had in the previous post about shifting galleries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t see any real issue.

Yes, the thumnails are jumping, but this is caused be different sizes and positioning in the breakpoints.

Sometimes the thumbs are shifting, but this is caused, because they are not really centre aligned to each other.

If you see a different issue, please make it easy for the helpers.

• A screencast doen’t always help – especially of we don’t know, what we should look for:
  • Reduce the amount of breakpoint to two, and describe exactly what shouldn’t happen. Simply referring to a previous post may help you, but I have to start searching …)
  • Delete all unnecessary elements. I have no idea, how to deal with this image of 3 small dots under(?) the thumbnails.

By the way: If I rebuild your scenario at a wide breakpoint, and, when ready, adding new, smaller breakpoints, all works without jumping and without even having a look at pinning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The red dots was there to give a visual reference to where the thumbnails should have been centered.

As you can see in the screencast, the thumbnails move differently than the red dots (which stay at the correct location).

I should have put in the link to the previous post I refered to : Galleries shifts after update to 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

… and what about this construction: https://www.dropbox.com/s/42d05xsz8hplr7a/Pinningissues_Mod.muse?dl=0​?

This circumvents, that Muse sometimes seems to be a little bit „stubborn", when fixed width elements are used in fluid breakpoints.

I assume, you see, how it is done:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines