• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placed html keeps moving when viewed in browser

Participant ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, so recently I added a weather forecast widget to the Muse site I'm building. I placed it exactly where I want it in my muse file, and it works just fine in preview mode. The trouble is whenever I view it in the browser (chrome in my case) it always drops down just a few pixels. Any idea what that might be?  I know its not the widget or the browser because Ive used that exact same widget in  an older version of this site that I built without using muse.

Heres a sharable link of my muse file containing only the home page where the error is occurring: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1y4EzszqZcE0FVyw3R0SqVHhRWdnhN08I

Heres a business catalyst link so you can see what I mean: Welcome to Plainview

The weather widget is supposed to be perfectly between those two blue/green lines.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Oops, I am sorry it looks like I edited the file in pre-release version.

Check this one - https://adobe.ly/2DyG2sL​ and let me know if works.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi anthonyl,

I did few rectifications in your file, and now it looks good.

Please download the file - https://adobe.ly/2DyG2sL and verify if it works well for you also!

I just deleted the unwanted rectangle you placed over the HTML, unpinned it.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey ankushr40215001​ it seems that whenever I try to open the file that you attached it tells me I need a newer version of muse to open it but my creative cloud says that my muse is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, I am sorry it looks like I edited the file in pre-release version.

Check this one - https://adobe.ly/2DyG2sL​ and let me know if works.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your version works but Im having trouble understanding how you made it work. All I have to do is unpin it? I think I tried that with my original file and it didn't work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm even noticing that if I copy the widget html from my muse file and replace the html for the same widget in your muse file, it is making the same error happen again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im also noticing that if I copy the correct working widget from your file and paste it int mine it no longer works right

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

All I did was hit and trial method.

I just increased the size of widget for like 2 pixels, and then it showed its actual size and position!

Later adjusted its position which went fixed.

Let me know if this is clear.

Best Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just ended up putting it slightly hight than I wanted in my muse file then when I view it in the browser it shows up in the spot that I really want it to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines