Copied

Hi Muse Acrobats!

Please help me

i search for a week now

and can´t find a gallery

where the thumbnails are

seamless

and different sizes

where i just can load in a bunch of Pictures.

I only find 2 but they want me to pay over 100$ for a Year membership

Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-15 um 17.47.48.jpg

I hope you can help me.

Thank you from Germany

Holger

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Short additional info:

I know, you don’t want to buy a 3rd party widget. But if you change your mind, this one is really, really fine: https://www.muse-themes.com/products/media-pro-gallery

Here a live image gallery: http://www.tortenrosa.com/galerie.html

This one is nice too: https://www.muse-themes.com/products/gallery-connect

You can fill and/or modify a Google spreadsheet with your image data and display the images dynamically in a Muse gallery.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you want is commonly called a Masonry Grid.

If this is for a personal website, swicth to Adobe Portfolio and use the built-in Photo Grid feature.   See screenshot.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/article_attachments/115007197747/Pf_BE___Photo_Grid.png

Adobe Portfolio comes free with qualitying Creative Cloud plans.   No web hosting or codinig skills required.

Adobe Portfolio | Build your own personalized website

What-is-a-Photo-Grid-and-how-do-I-create-one-

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that exactly what i need, but i need for a customer 😞

Yes in my Portfolio site i use this grid.... it so perfekt....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this widget (I've never used it).

Gallery | Masonry Portfolio

Created by: Widgetsformuse.com - $14.90

https://musewidgets.com/products/bs-masonry-portfolio

Alternatively, if you can work with a code editor like Dreamweaver, you could save $15 and build this yourself with the latest Bootstrap. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow so great, i saw this but i it has no lightbox in, and you just can have square and tall (80% of the pictures are landscape)

:-((((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, I have to leave this forum. Can‘t bare this Kindergarten any more, Nancy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Günter, you helped me out one time so great ... i remember...

what did i do wrong here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not at all about you, but about Nancy and her never ending coding mantra.

She isn‘t able or willing to understand, that there are people around — especially in this forum — who don‘t want to code.

And she repeats this endlessly in every second thread, although people are definitely looking for a solution and not for a different app.

This is starting to make me crazy! No insult against anybody, just my honest feeling — and, as I assume, I am not alone with that.

I have no interest trying hard to help, but fighting at the same time against this mantra over and over again, thrown into the Muse forum by somebody, who never was seen here during „Muse‘s lifetime“.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ooooooookay you mean people like me who can´t code ... yes indeed thats not so helpfull.... but i´m thankfull for any help i get

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way:

If you use a composition widget and configure it just like a slide show, you can achieve largely and pretty well, what you want, without buying a 3rd party widget and without coding too. Look at this quick and dirty sample. By the way: The small „gaps" between the images are due to hastily nailing together the sample page within 2 minutes. (Its bed time in Germany!)

Here you can download the corresponding .muse file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gexucic9t2i4pn7/Masonry.muse?dl=0

(By the way: If you don’t need the „Previous“, „Next“, … buttons, you can achieve such a result as well, if you don’t use one slide show for all images, but one slide show for every single image, size and/or crop the thumbnails and arrange them as you like.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow danke dir!
Diesmal habe über 200 Bilder das wäre ein riesen Aufwand, aber zumindest habe ich jetzt eine Lösung für bis zu 30 Bilder!

wow thank you, this time i need over 200 Pictures, so it would be too much manualy but now i have the idea to do it with about 30 Images!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hok337  schrieb

wow thank you, this time i need over 200 Pictures, so it would be too much manualy but now i have the idea to do it with about 30 Images!!!

If this helps: You can build one composition in the described way for, let’s say˛ 20 images, then duplicate this composition and place it under the first one. And os on …

This works flawlessly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but for 200 its still a little bit much .

but yeah didn´t think about this .... great idea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short additional info:

I know, you don’t want to buy a 3rd party widget. But if you change your mind, this one is really, really fine: https://www.muse-themes.com/products/media-pro-gallery

Here a live image gallery: http://www.tortenrosa.com/galerie.html

This one is nice too: https://www.muse-themes.com/products/gallery-connect

You can fill and/or modify a Google spreadsheet with your image data and display the images dynamically in a Muse gallery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FOR SHURE , i WANT a third Party widet, but i only found 2 that cost 100 $ Year membership.
Great i have a look

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Muse themes is 99 euro year membership ;-(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is quite expensive for expanding the capabilities of a product, which is EOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/G%C3%BCnter+Hei%C3%9Fenb%C3%BCttel  wrote

Yes, this is quite expensive for expanding the capabilities of a product, which is EOL.

I quite agree.    I don't think Muse is the right tool for this project.  Especially when a dynamic gallery is so easy to build with Bootstrap and a little PHP code .

Alt-Web Demo :: Responsive Masonry Gallery

If the OP is interested, I can set up a dynamic gallery in under 10 minutes.   Upload 1 file + a folder of thumbnails and a folder of full size images.   Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines