• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please help with responsive and old phone site SEO

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have a family business I help out with on my days off from my real job. I created our site in muse. When responsive came out I converted it. I have now had two site versions since then in responsive. I got rid of my phone and tablet layouts. I did not even realize it but in my Google search results some pages are still indexing for the phone site. I know this is not directly a muse issue. I was wondering if anyone knows how to go about getting rid of the phone indexing or adding a line of code to my .htaccess.

My url is www.acumetalfab.com

The url path I would want to get rid of is www.acumetalfab.com/phone/(multiple web pages)

When I look in my directory on my hosting, I do not have a phone directory so I don't know why it is still indexing after all this time. When someone clicks on the link it generates a old 404 page

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

mxracer9111  wrote

When I look in my directory on my hosting, I do not have a phone directory so I don't know why it is still indexing after all this time. When someone clicks on the link it generates a old 404 page

the pages are still being indexed by search engines because they are still there mate... contact your host and tell them you want to clear ALL the old site files so you can upload a fixed copy.

Screenshot (42).png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Does your .muse still has an alternative layout for phone active?

You should delete it, if there is one.

2) Do you still have a "phone" folder on your ftp-server?

3) Delete everything from your ftp root directory and upload again after checking 1) and 2)

To change google search results, which may at least take one to two weeks, use "5 SEO Tips for Muse" in youtube and follow their suggestions.

Does this help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mxracer9111  wrote

the pages are still being indexed by search engines because they are still there mate... contact your host and tell them you want to clear ALL the old site files so you can upload a fixed copy.

Screenshot (42).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the help. Just got home from work. When I tell them to clear it I will be able to upload my current site the way it is and should be okay?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if your current site has no phone | tablet layout yes... you can send us a copy of the .muse file (dropbox or Adobe cloud) if you want us to look at it for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. Well spoke with my A2HOSTING Hosting. They said they don't catch anything so I am not sure why they Google is doing this. My site for sure does not have a phone site anymore. Where so I send my muse file just in case to check that. I am having them help me with a 301 redirect. But they search in my directory and said all of my phone files are gone. I use cloudfare as a CDN and I purged everything with them multiple times too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can share a .muse file by Adobe CC or a dropbox

p.s, I assume you told A2 that you have two domains... worth testing your dns scripts as well

Screenshot (957).png

Screenshot (958).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay I will upload my muse file today. I actually only have one domain. I have a separate domain for my shopify store but I am not sure why it shows two domains. How do I test my dns scripts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines