• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poor Mobile Phone Compatibility with Muse

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess that this is really a statement. Muse is way behind the times with its work around, to make it Mobile Phone Compatible. The idea of rebuilding an existing site in phone mode sucks. Setting responsive mode is still a work around and doesn't suit all situations. The amount of money I have invested and still invest really annoys me, when the likes of WP and google.sites, just to mention a few, automatically convert your site to Mobile Phone Compatible. They even offer an automatically generated collapsible menu for phone mode. Get with it Adobe.

kel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Depending on your provider or even using tools from google, why not use them? They try to tell as much as possible about phone compatibility. I could only show the german search results:

Dirk Moeller - Google+​

Get support for your site | Google Webmasters – Google

Google Webmaster Tools: An Overview | Search Engine Watch

Rankings, in the meantime, are "unpredictable?" as it depends even on the location where the computer logs in and what exactly users are searching for, depends on your page descri

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me put an original quote from another recent thread:

I had to solve this for a couple of sites because the Wordpress theme automatically made a mess of the mobile version.

Here is the recipe: …

You can read the whole thread: Re: How to show wordpress site on desktop and Muse site on mobile ​

I read a lot about WP not being really save.

Design: depends on what you want, if you feel OK with WP, do so, if not use something else.

I personally like the idea of being able to hide elements in breakpoint, as I don´t want the mobile site show all content from desktop sites. Especially with text it gets almost all times way too much and then too long.

I do not know if this is possible in WP as well.

I guess there are some coders in the background at WP who take care about responsiveness. Muse is a visual design app to create websites. Some people here in this forum recommend to use muse for design and UX only and hire a coder for the final website.

Ask 2 people and you´ll get 3 opinions at least.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't wish to use WP or any other platform, Muse has some great tools within it and I am A Muse user. I just cant appreciate why Muse hasn't addressed the mobile phone compatibility issue simply. Muse simply gives an inadequate work around. I initially signed up to Muse to build web sites without worrying about coding. I have quite a few web sites, but now Google is not indexing them highly anymore because of there incapability with mobile phones. In some cases I have rebuilt some sites in phone mode and others in responsive formats with breakpoints. But these are work arounds. Muse should offer an automatically generated phone mode when viewed with a phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Depending on your provider or even using tools from google, why not use them? They try to tell as much as possible about phone compatibility. I could only show the german search results:

Dirk Moeller - Google+​

Get support for your site | Google Webmasters – Google

Google Webmaster Tools: An Overview | Search Engine Watch

Rankings, in the meantime, are "unpredictable?" as it depends even on the location where the computer logs in and what exactly users are searching for, depends on your page descriptions (I hope you have some?) and therefore SEO is a permanent workflow, if this is necessary for you and your clients. That´s one reason for the growth of SEO agencies.

Would you mind to share some links? Maybe in this forum some people have ideas about your phone designs?

This only if you love to get critiques .

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines