• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pop-up window showing too many times

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I made a pop-up window with a lightbox widget, the idea is that it only appears the first time you enter the site, it's a newsletter subscription that you have to input your email. I took the inside form from mailchimp. The idea is that if you put your email you won't see it the next time you enter the site. Maybe that's too much to ask, but it would be great. What I do need primarily is that if you entered the site, either you put your email or not, or just decided to just close the pop-up/lightbox, and then if you navigate through the webpage and come back to the home page that you won't see it again. Is it possible to do that? I tried by only checking the play once button on the blue arrow, but the pop-up keeps popping after you surf the site. This is in preview mode though. Will this not happen when the site is up and running?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

There is no direct way to do this out of the box, but nevertheless there is a way:

• Your pop up window is placed on the starting page (index.html), if i understand correctly.
  • Duplicate this page and delete the pop up from the second instance.
  • Right click onto the „index“ page icon in plan view, and choose „Menu Options/Exclude Page From Menus“.

Now, when somebody visits your site, he will see the index page with its pop up, but he can’t get back to this page a second time.

If you don’t like this solut

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no direct way to do this out of the box, but nevertheless there is a way:

• Your pop up window is placed on the starting page (index.html), if i understand correctly.
  • Duplicate this page and delete the pop up from the second instance.
  • Right click onto the „index“ page icon in plan view, and choose „Menu Options/Exclude Page From Menus“.

Now, when somebody visits your site, he will see the index page with its pop up, but he can’t get back to this page a second time.

If you don’t like this solution, there are some 3rd party widgets, which offer, what you are looking for. For example: https://www.muse-themes.com/products/popups-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines