• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Popup window widget issue

Contributor ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a popup window widget from MuseTemplatesPro.com https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB8z-E4DnAQ

I am building a website http://greendrivingamerica.org for which I want popup windows with text from images. Following the instruction in the video, I made a popup window titled accelerate.html from an image: ACCELERATE & BRAKE SMOOTHLY. It works when published locally (Export as HTML), but is "Not Found" when uploaded to the web - please see screenshots and advise if possible. And I do realize Muse is at its end of life and will deal with that later; I don't believe this issue has anything to do with that.

LOCALLOCAL

GDA web.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file in question "accelerate.html" is on the server according to FileZilla - screenshot...

Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 3.06.30 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the latest is I cleared everything with this site off the server and uploaded again. The good news is, now the popup window does work in Safari on several computers, but it does not work in Chrome on several computers. My son mentioned a popup window might not be the best thing to use as popup blockers are fairly common - although he said it didn't trigger his when he clicked to pop up the window. No window appeared at all, unlike in Safari.

Any suggestions?? Should I bag the popup window and try a lightbox display? Thoughts??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see it.  Clear your browser's cache memory or use a different browser.

That said, did you upload the necessary support files -- scripts, CSS, images, etc...?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines