Highlighted

Popups in site are fixed instead of scrolling with page (absolute)

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, the popups in the original version of this site, developed by someone else in Muse, worked properly.

With the latest version of Muse, and without making any changes, when I generate new files with the original muse file and view in a browser, the popups are now fixed instead of absolute, and able to scroll with the page.

As well, the image in the second popup scrolls the entire height of the container, which it clearly did not do in the prior version.

I have made updates to this site that need to go live, but these weird little bugs are preventing that from happening, and it really needs to go live tomorrow.

Anyone have thoughts??

See how popups scroll with the page in the original site, and the image is fixed in the second popup: Michelle Minke | Soprano | Expect the Unexpected.

And now see how the popups are fixed instead of positioned to absolute, as well the image in the second popup scrolls within the pop: Michelle Minke | Soprano | Expect the Expected.

I am hoping this is all just related to some settings in Muse I don't understand. I don't want to start hacking the code and making this difficult for someone down the road to edit.

Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by fotoroeder | Adobe Community Professional

Did you try my advice, to delete the misbehaving elements and create them new into the page?

Because I was not able to reproduce your issue with my newly created file.

Uwe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Popups in site are fixed instead of scrolling with page (absolute)

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, the popups in the original version of this site, developed by someone else in Muse, worked properly.

With the latest version of Muse, and without making any changes, when I generate new files with the original muse file and view in a browser, the popups are now fixed instead of absolute, and able to scroll with the page.

As well, the image in the second popup scrolls the entire height of the container, which it clearly did not do in the prior version.

I have made updates to this site that need to go live, but these weird little bugs are preventing that from happening, and it really needs to go live tomorrow.

Anyone have thoughts??

See how popups scroll with the page in the original site, and the image is fixed in the second popup: Michelle Minke | Soprano | Expect the Unexpected.

And now see how the popups are fixed instead of positioned to absolute, as well the image in the second popup scrolls within the pop: Michelle Minke | Soprano | Expect the Expected.

I am hoping this is all just related to some settings in Muse I don't understand. I don't want to start hacking the code and making this difficult for someone down the road to edit.

Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by fotoroeder | Adobe Community Professional

Did you try my advice, to delete the misbehaving elements and create them new into the page?

Uwe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 11, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, I have no clue why your lightbox scrolls. It is OK that the thumbs scroll, of course, but the light box itself should stay.

May I ask, how you did the changes? Did you just replace images?

But, I started now from scratch so maybe you ran into a bug, working with an already existing .muse, created with a previous version of muse.

If you still run into this issue, it might be best to either create a new, yet empty page and copy elements step by step into the new page

(be aware to first setup all like in the original page – header, footer, breakpoints).

Or, what I would try first (came second to my mind ), copy the entire page, delete the misbehaving elements and start from scratch with only the gallery.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2017 1
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made no changes to the ligthboxes, it was to other content in the site.

In fact, even when I load the old version of the site (that works just fine) from the old Muse file, make no changes at all, just regenerate all of the files and view it in a browser, this error appears then as well. It seems to be an issue with how the latest version generates the file from an older version of a .muse file.

To me it seems like there should be something I can change in the JS, as I can see the "position:fixed" in the html styling a generic div, inline that is clearly being generated by the scripting related to the lightboxes. But I can't seem to find it...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2017 0