Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Positioning objects in relation to each other

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm currently testing my site and trying to iron out any niggles, so please excuse the outstanding issues...

Carswell Creative | Cheshire-based freelance graphic designer

When you reduce the browser width, you can see that the three main images (featured projects) reduce in width and height. However, at the same time the distance between the testimonials section below (in the purple band) and the three images increases. Ideally, I'd like the distance between the three main images and the purple band to stay the same.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

No! I did this for people like you , who very fast forget, what they have read.

But seriously: You are right. I’ve corrected it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be.

Try to group those elements which should stay together.

You might also decrease the minimum height, so that it fits to 320.

This might be around 500 or little more.

The site increases by content quite automatically.

Does this help?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

The option to group everything is greyed out. Also, what do you mean by decreasing the minimum height? How do I do that please?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Uwe, seems to be working now. The large purple rectangle was set to 'stretch to browser width' so I unticked this option and made the width of the rectangle 2000px (so it still bleeds off either side of the browser window).

Seems to be working now - thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even better  than stretch it to 2000 px (nothing should be outside the canvas at any time) set it to 2 py smaller than your canvas (768) and set it to 766 px, move it 1 px to the right (1 instead of 2 for the x value) and set it to resize in width instead of resize in width and height and this should work as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fear, this only seems to be a solution!

You can’t group some elements, because elements „stretched to browser width“ can’t be grouped. Making these object bleed outside the page boundaries seems to help, but causes problems, when you open this page on a smart phone. You never should place elements outside or overlapping the page/breakpoint boundaries.

I would suggest to use the techniques, described here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2271454​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Günter Heißenbüttel​, you linked two times to the same thread unintended, I guess?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No! I did this for people like you , who very fast forget, what they have read.

But seriously: You are right. I’ve corrected it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you to you both, I have added placeholders which seems to have fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines