I'm currently testing my site and trying to iron out any niggles, so please excuse the outstanding issues...
When you reduce the browser width, you can see that the three main images (featured projects) reduce in width and height. However, at the same time the distance between the testimonials section below (in the purple band) and the three images increases. Ideally, I'd like the distance between the three main images and the purple band to stay the same.
Is this possible?
It should be.
Try to group those elements which should stay together.
You might also decrease the minimum height, so that it fits to 320.
This might be around 500 or little more.
The site increases by content quite automatically.
Does this help?
The option to group everything is greyed out. Also, what do you mean by decreasing the minimum height? How do I do that please?
Sorry Uwe, seems to be working now. The large purple rectangle was set to 'stretch to browser width' so I unticked this option and made the width of the rectangle 2000px (so it still bleeds off either side of the browser window).
Seems to be working now - thank you!
Even better than stretch it to 2000 px (nothing should be outside the canvas at any time) set it to 2 py smaller than your canvas (768) and set it to 766 px, move it 1 px to the right (1 instead of 2 for the x value) and set it to resize in width instead of resize in width and height and this should work as well.
I fear, this only seems to be a solution!
You can’t group some elements, because elements „stretched to browser width“ can’t be grouped. Making these object bleed outside the page boundaries seems to help, but causes problems, when you open this page on a smart phone. You never should place elements outside or overlapping the page/breakpoint boundaries.
I would suggest to use the techniques, described here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2271454
No! I did this for people like you , who very fast forget, what they have read.
But seriously: You are right. I’ve corrected it.
Thank you to you both, I have added placeholders which seems to have fixed the issue.