• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview site in browser gives me tablet preview & Rectangle anchor hyperlink doesnt work

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm working on my website and whenever I pressed the Preview site in browser button, it toke me to the browser and displayed me the desktop version of the website. Now all of the sudden it's only showing me the tablet version, it also gives me the link Preview/fullportfolio2/tablet/index.html - clearly it says /tablet/ which I dont want, tried to remove it or replace it with desktop and then it didnt work at all. I'm 100% sure im clicking on preview site in browser on the desktop page. Anyone know what just happened to my muse that I cant open it in desktop version? Also tried restarting muse, didnt work.

Now my second problem is, i got this little arrow pointing down linked to my "About" anchorpoint, so it scrolls down to the about section whenever someone clicks it. When I hover over it, there is no possibilty to click it..and when i still click it nothing happends. It is linked to About [Desktop] which is 100% the correct one, but yet it does not scroll down to the about section. Linking it to another section to test if thats the problem, also has no use since none of the sections work. But for the menu text "About" it actually scrolls down to the about section..so only text works and the rectangle arrow doesnt work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Hi stellab,

You have described 2 different issues in this thread.

1) Preview site in browser option takes you to the tablet site even though you are checking out the desktop page.

2) The scroll down button which you have anchor linked to the about page doesn't take you anywhere.

Let's check out your first query where "Preview site in browser option takes you to the tablet site"

There can be a couple of reasons for this, like old browser cache issue or any small unknown error in the in the Muse layout

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your link doesn’t work. It points to your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, that's becuase It's the link of the show preview in browser. Not supposed to be visible to anyone else. Just uploaded it to business catalyst, its right here: http://mandodesigns.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be that you didn`t set a link it to your anchorpoint.

Maybe you linked it to another ABOUT version of tablet or phone?

If you really linked it, what you say, we would like to watch your .muse.

Is this possible? Via dropbox or CC?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi stellab,

You have described 2 different issues in this thread.

1) Preview site in browser option takes you to the tablet site even though you are checking out the desktop page.

2) The scroll down button which you have anchor linked to the about page doesn't take you anywhere.

Let's check out your first query where "Preview site in browser option takes you to the tablet site"

There can be a couple of reasons for this, like old browser cache issue or any small unknown error in the in the Muse layout.

Let's try to eliminate the possibility of a browser issue.

• For this please copy the preview link and past in any other browser to see what you get.
  • If it shows the correct layout in another browser then, try deleting the cache of your current browser or set the other browser as default.
  • Let us know if this is not the case so we can take this further.

For your second query "scroll down button doesn't take to the linked anchor menu" I have checked your site and found.

• The "scroll button" is not even selectable, also I can't see its code in the developer console as well.

It shows either your button is set on a wrong layer and maybe it'ss covered by any invisible object which makes is inaccessible.

When I delete the <canvas id> code pointed above, the down arrow button becomes accessible.

Try deleting the widget yu have placed by MuseFree and then it should work fine.

Please update how it goes.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just to be clear, you are talking about this image?

Screenshot (1151).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines