• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem computer - phone

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I did a website on muse with an computer and a mobile versions, when I try to look on my phone it’s the computer version who come on the screen not the mobile one.

Somebody have an idea how to solve that ? 

Thanks 

My website : evanrenaudie.com

TOPICS
Bugs , Error , Feature requests , How to , Import and export , Mucow development , Performance , Preview , Publish , Responsive design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link doesn’t work [link removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember to have seen this design earlier this year, correct? I also remember that we told you to do not adaptive but responsive design only. You mixed it. So some devices do not recognize your phone version - why should they? There´s almost a phone version because you did setup your elements to be responsive in width and height and so you could just delete the adaptive part and publish the website as it is with only the responsive part. You may be in need to add a breakpoint (remember to have seen that, too in at least one post) for mobile approach.

If you do not know how to do this (I´m sure to have seen that as well), move to another app.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No offense but this is not good web design as you can clearly see from my little screenshot.

image.png

Start over with a responsive layout in a modern web authoring app that's in active development like Dreamweaver,   Pinegrow or Adobe Portfolio which includes hosting and comes free with your Paid Creative Cloud Plan.

https://portfolio.adobe.com/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's not, but it's not suppose to be like that, it what I'm saying, why my mobile version doesnet come up on my phone ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow Uwe's advice and rebuild the layout responsively with to another tool.  Muse is not the right tool for you. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Opposed, to what Nancy wrote, it can be done in Muse but needs some learning curve. You may group those misaligned elements to have them as desired on your bigger breakpoints.

Anyway. to answer the question read my first post. You mixed up adaptive and responsive, it is not recommended and very tricky, so better stay with responsive only, add a breakpoint for smaller devices and minimum width of 320 and you should be pretty much done.

If you don`t want to change your elements behaviour just delete the adaptive part and so the mobile version and see what happens.

I also recommend (but I did this already much earlier) to go with fixed width breakpoints instead of fluid width breakpoints. It is still good enough to do so.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines