Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with anchors - "destroyed button"

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a very big problem in Muse CC 2018.1. I made some anchors, but when I tested the web, I realized that my buttons look weird - when the anchor is "active", the text transforms and can't fit. Do I have somewhere settings which do this or something like that? I really don't know, but I had to solve it very quickly.

(I watched some tutorials about anchors and that menus were in header too, but it worked... And I did something similar at school two years ago and this never happend to me.)

Please, can you help?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

I want to add the question, if you created the "normal" menu out of the box from muse or if it is done by text with links?

Anyway, there´s a way to setup text settings for each state called: normal | rollover/hover | click | active

From the menu it is kind of tricky to get the right element, which is visible in the top left menu in muses toolbar.

Clicking once:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-18 um 00.37.02.png

Clicking one more time:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-18 um 00.37.14.png

Clicking the state (here: active)

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-18 um 00.37.26.png

Something like this for a simple text box:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-18 um 00.39.11.png

If this still doesn`t help, please follow Günter Heißenbüttel

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, you mix up some notions. Are you talking about menus, when you say „anchors“?

Could you please delete all elements from your Muse site, except these misbehaving „anchors“, save it under a new name and upload this .muse file to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service. Then give us the download link here and we can have a closer look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add the question, if you created the "normal" menu out of the box from muse or if it is done by text with links?

Anyway, there´s a way to setup text settings for each state called: normal | rollover/hover | click | active

From the menu it is kind of tricky to get the right element, which is visible in the top left menu in muses toolbar.

Clicking once:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-18 um 00.37.02.png

Clicking one more time:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-18 um 00.37.14.png

Clicking the state (here: active)

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-18 um 00.37.26.png

Something like this for a simple text box:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-18 um 00.39.11.png

If this still doesn`t help, please follow Günter Heißenbüttel​ advice, what you can do anyway .

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You used too many single menu buttons, why? Just use one menu widget and set it up to manually instead of automatic,

and the menu will work fine:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-18 um 00.49.21.png

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-18 um 00.51.06.png

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-18 um 00.52.28.png

The size of each button in each state will now be detected as expected.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is exactly, what fotoroeder​ said: The rollover, mouse down and active state aren’t properly configured:#

So select a menu item, choose the different states and set the font size correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much, you are my rescuers!

Günter Heißenbüttel:Well, I didn't know about "Menu Item" settings and then I coudn't change size of the text, because my workspace is full and I haven't there "Text". Now I set it correctly. Thank you!

fotoroeder:Thank you for the information about states, I never worked with them. I have a menu widget, that is a thing I discovered

Thank you once more, now is everything ok!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines