Highlighted

Problem with calculator widget

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I found this mortgage calculator widget and I find it fantastic as it is free and customizable. On the website it works perfect. However, inserting it into Muse does not work.

This is the link of the widget.

https://mortgage-advice-online.org/mortgage-calculator-widget

On the widget's web page, once customized or not, you copy the code and paste it. Doing it in Muse shows the following, the Start Date doesn't work. And it is not only in the preview, but also in the export to html.

widget.jpg

TOPICS
Error, Widget

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problem with calculator widget

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I found this mortgage calculator widget and I find it fantastic as it is free and customizable. On the website it works perfect. However, inserting it into Muse does not work.

This is the link of the widget.

https://mortgage-advice-online.org/mortgage-calculator-widget

On the widget's web page, once customized or not, you copy the code and paste it. Doing it in Muse shows the following, the Start Date doesn't work. And it is not only in the preview, but also in the export to html.

widget.jpg

TOPICS
Error, Widget

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it is no muse widget it does not work as expected. To use widgets, working within muse, it might have to be shown on "musewidgets.com". Otherwise you may have to put the widget by adding some code (iframe, etc), which might be possible with that widget as well - not sure, though.

Please keep in mind -  I would not start to use any widgets outside of muse anymore, no 3rdparty widgets (except the ones from muse-themes.com) as most of them are not and will not be updated anymore because Muse is under EOL.

Seems like you try to do a shopecommerce site? I cannot recommend this at all anymore. Any non-static site will not be a big issue but …, you know?

Guenter  might be thinking quite different as he did some e-commerce sites with muse, which I didn`t.

Kind Regards,

Uwe 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't like Muse for many reasons and this is a prime example of why Muse is the wrong tool to use when you need custom code.  Did you paste the code into the <html> tab?

I put this together in Dreamweaver with plain vanilla code and it works just fine.

<!doctype html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>Mortgage Calculator</title>
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
</head>
<body>
<!-- Mortgage Calculator Widget -->
<div class="mcw-wrap_250" id="maoWrap">
<div id="mcwWidget"></div>
<script>
var maoCalc={};maoCalc.settings={"theme":"theme1","view":"vertical1","responsive":"mcw-wrap_250","font":"Open Sans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif","border":false,"boxShadow":"0px 0px 55px 6px rgba(150, 150, 150, 0.2)","backgroundColor":"#fff","fieldColor":"#fff","textColor":"#334356","borderColor":"#dde2e5","currency":"$","currencySide":"left","delimiters":",.","popup":true,"popupView":"doughnutPopup","style":true,"widgetTotalInterest":false,"widgetTotalPrincipal":false,"monthlyPayment":"Monthly Payment","totalPrincipalPaid":"Total Principal","totalInterestPaid":"Total Interest","totalPayments":"Total Payments","years":"years","title":{"enabled":true,"color":"#334356","label":"Mortgage Calculator"},"homePrice":{"label":"Home Price","value":"350,000"},"downPayment":{"enabled":true,"label":"Down Payment","value":"52,000"},"interestRate":{"label":"Interest Rate","value":"4.05"},"mortgageTerm":{"label":"Mortgage Term","value":"30"},"pmi":{"enabled":false,"label":"PMI","value":"1,881.24"},"taxes":{"enabled":false,"label":"Taxes","value":"4,375"},"insurance":{"enabled":false,"label":"Insuranse","value":"1,225"},"hoa":{"enabled":false,"label":"HOA","value":"0"},"extra":{"enabled":true,"labelAdd":"Add extra payments","labelRemove":"Remove extra payments","labelToMonthy":"To monthly","labelYearly":"Extra yearly"},"startDate":{"enabled":true,"label":"Start date"},"monthsArr":["Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","Jun","Jul","Aug","Sep","Oct","Nov","Dec"],"button":{"color":"#fff","bg":"#09f","label":"Calculate"},"amortizationSchedule":"Amortization Schedule","popupLabels":{"monthlyPrincipalInterest":"Monthly Principal & Interest","monthlyExtraPayment":"Monthly Extra Payment","monthlyPayment":"MONTHLY PAYMENT","downPayment":"Down payment","extraPayments":"Extra payments","totalPrincipalPaid":"Total principal paid","totalInterestPaid":"Total interest paid","totalOfAllPayments":"TOTAL OF ALL PAYMENTS","amortizationSchedule":"Amortization Schedule","tablePaymentDate":"Payment date","tablePayment":"Payment","tablePrincipal":"Principal","tableInterest":"Interest","tableTotalInterest":"Total Interest","tableBalance":"Balance","pmi":"PMI","taxes":"Taxes","insurance":"Insurance","shortInsurance":"Ins","hoa":"HOA","chartBalance":"Balance","chartPrincipal":"Principal","chartInterest":"Interest"}};
(function(){function loadScript(src){var s,t;s=document.createElement("script");s.src=src;t=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];t.parentNode.insertBefore(s,t);}function decode(str){return!window.btoa?'not_found':window.btoa(unescape(encodeURIComponent(str)));}var uri='https://mortgage-advice-online.org/widget/'+decode(window.location)+'.js';loadScript(uri);})();
</script> 
</div>
<!-- End Mortgage Calculator Widget -->
</body>
</html>

As Uwe said, you could probably use the above mortgage-calc.html page inside an <iframe> in Muse.  That might work or it might not.  You need to test it.

Muse has no future.  Support officially ends next week. You should be migrating your Muse sites to new software anyway. 

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 17, 2020 0