Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with loading website after update to Muse 2018

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have some issues with my page which I have created via Adobe Muse.

Problems have started after I made update to new version 2018.

After update I upload all site files into server.

And then first I had problem through site loading. There was error: "some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again".

I was read forum about this problem and finally I have manage this.

Error are gone.

But after I manage problem with this error I have new issue.

The problem is, that my site loading time are increase so high...

I don't know why. I have no idea..

Even in desktop browser and mobile browser my site is load almost 30 seconds!

Sometimes its ok, especially second load of the website is faster.

But most of the time first load its very very slow.

Site address: www.ppm.org.pl

Please help me. I can lose my client.

At least show me direction, what factor could make this problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Too much composition-widgets  on your page. In combination with flexible breakpoints that are completely unnecessary on your site - this leads to performance problems.

I deleted everything completely from the template including the breakpoint 1024 and removed the breakpoint 1024 on the main page. Of course, I deleted the preloader widget, since it does not work as it should in any case. After these actions, the page began to load quickly.

5b0e95b651.png

5f538e71fb.png

You ask -  "But how can I make such a site as I want?".Unfo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey moonstack,

I saw your site and can say that not 30 but it took me 5 secs to load in both Firefox and Chrome browser.

To me, it looks like an issue with self-hosted fonts used on your site.

Can you try replacing them with the websafe font or Typekit font and see if that makes any diferrence?

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the exact same issue after 2018 version:

"The problem is, that my site loading time are increase so high...

I don't know why. I have no idea..

Even in desktop browser and mobile browser my site is load almost 30 seconds!

Sometimes its ok, especially second load of the website is faster.

But most of the time first load its very very slow.

Site address: www.ppm.org.pl"

I've read previous threads, changed type, removed 3rd party widgets, removed muse original widgets, and the website takes forever to load, and before it did not happen (now trying to implement a pre loader to see if i can earn more time near client...). The worst thing is that i am working in 3 more projects and i am afraid that this will happen more often - will Adobe pay my rent if so?

Website link: www.rodrilinea.pt

Please advise.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that it really takes a long time to load.

Let's try this way to eliminate any issue with Muse codes.

Try publishing your original site to Business Catalyst as a test and see if you get the same load speed!

Also, tell me what was the last update you made in your site after which the slowness appeared?

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. Long times before one sees anything. Just from guessing the preloader may take a while?

You write, you deleted 3rd party widgets? Which ones do you use (did you use before) on your site (which is designed quite nice – just to add some toppings and not only the raw meat ).

You didn´t design it responsive – only till now?

Would you mind to share the muse as a whole site to us?

Normally we ask for certain pages only but in your case this might not make sense.

I also invite Ussnorway​ and Pavel Homeriki  to this. They do some more coding than me (I do no code) and they are able to understand source code?

Share the muse via CC, if possible.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for taking part of this, and for your comments!

Yes i've deleted it them all:

- Smooth Zoom In Widget for Adobe Muse by Musefree

- Slideshow with Custom Triggers by Musemismo

- Photo Zoom by Muse Themes

+ Now only using muse standard slideshow inside product page to show several images...

+ have 2 breakpoints (1280 px + 1024 px)

+ only desktop version was developed so far

+ The preloader (by Musegain) was added very recently and the problem showed up way before it...i believe it does not slows more the website

Also checked the following threads and tried their "correct answers", but without success:

- Muse Website Appears with Blank Pages after Uploading

- Re: Blank white screen on loading of a Muse site

+ one more (cant find it) that asks to add some code (i believe jquery related) to Metadata - page properties;

+ another one that says the problem is related to having several MASTERS (in my case have 3), tried with only one master and nothing changed...

+ uploaded directly from Muse to FTP and exported as HTML then manually upload to FTP - nothing changed;

+ contacted server service (which defends it has nothing to do with them);

+ even tried the widget Free Site Loading Optimizer Widget by Specialmusehosting.com and...nothing!

Will check on how to share it vis CC - will be the first time doing it.

THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your considerations!

It was around 1st or 2nd week of December, right after changing from Muse 2017 to Muse 2018 (need a few time to check exact versions).

Will try out what your suggestion and will let you know asap.

Thank you!

Regards,

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your site contains a huge amount of javascript in HEAD - and apparently this is the reason. This is some kind of third-party widget. I would suggest that you remove it.

4163b806d7.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pavel,

Thank you, but now i only have the pre loader widget (3rd party one) and the problem was there before it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is it possible that even after deleting my 3rd party widgets, there were some trashy-code left in html files?

and please note that when this all started, it was from one day to other - and the only changes i've did to the website were 2 images in Home...exported files and uploaded manually (usually i do it like this) and BAM! 20 secs of waiting and sometimes it would crash before loading...now i am really afraid of editing/exporting other sites and the same thing happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing more can be said without looking at your Muse file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pavel Homeriki​ for getting into this. Was sure one of the two of you will find the culprit.

As mentioned in my first post Martina Pedrosa​ , you should share the .muse with us.

I the meantime you could delete the whole site from the ftp, using filezilla or cyberduck or similar app and republish, letting muse do the job. If you feel unconscious about deleting the site, drag it to another subfolder on your ftp (with the index.html).

The root directory should be totally empty, before you publish the site again with muses publish command.

As you may see, you can get help pretty fast .

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, finally managed to share the .muse file - hope that is it Adobe Creative Cloud

Again thank you very much for all the help provided

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too much composition-widgets  on your page. In combination with flexible breakpoints that are completely unnecessary on your site - this leads to performance problems.

I deleted everything completely from the template including the breakpoint 1024 and removed the breakpoint 1024 on the main page. Of course, I deleted the preloader widget, since it does not work as it should in any case. After these actions, the page began to load quickly.

5b0e95b651.png

5f538e71fb.png

You ask -  "But how can I make such a site as I want?".Unfortunately, the apparent freedom of design is crossed out by the performance issue. I'm afraid you need to completely redesign the site - make it easier in technical terms - use as few widgets as possible, especially in master pages and do not use a fluid layout and fluid breakpoints.

And unfortunately there is another problem that you have probably encountered - a problem with performance during the workflow - brakes, long export, long unloading in the preview in the browser. All this is because the site by the number of pages and resources is too large to do it in the Muse.

You have three languages in one project. It is better to divide into three projects - a separate project for each language. Site with the main language upload to the root of the domain, and for other languages, create separate folders and upload them there. In this case, you will need to re-link the sites manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pavel,

Thank you for the time spent and considerations!

I mean yeah...how can i make the site i want? and mainly, why it worked for almost 7/8 months, with updates, and from one moment to other 'puff'? and at that time i had the double amount of widgets/compositions...

So finally and again really appreciated, but this only happens because it has several pages right? I was thinking about implementing something like Musexpress (by Musegain), do you think it will work, and allow me to have more widgets/compositions, but since i'll have less pages it will become code-less/fastest?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and mainly, why it worked for almost 7/8 months, with updates, and from one moment to other 'puff'?

I think apart from the Muse team this question to you, no one can answer. If in the previous version of Muse, it worked well, install this previous version in parallel and use it for this site.

I was thinking about implementing something like Musexpress (by Musegain), do you think it will work, and allow me to have more widgets/compositions, but since i'll have less pages it will become code-less/fastest?

I do not think that in terms of the number of widgets, something will change when using Musexpress. And I do not think that in Musexpress these widgets can be used at all. But I can not say for sure. I do not use Musexpress because I think it's pointless. It's enough just to use wordpress. If you want to spend money on Musexpress, I would in your place prefer to spend it on it (IMO).

Many people are afraid to recognize Muse's insolvency and allow himself to completely switch to another platform, like children who are afraid to let go of their mother's hand when they learn to walk. Muse is a good start for beginners and a good program for design development. But an extremely unsuccessful program for creating live websites like yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines