Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with the accordion, no pushing down lower objects

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am posting this issue, because I don't see how to resolve it by myself... Indeed my porfolio is nearly ready to go but I still have a little problem with an accordeon which passes over the content below it whereas I ticked the box to push elements below...  Annoying for the user.  Could you see what's wrong?

Here is my website, the problematic accordion is located in  the footer, it's the one called "contact" (because it contents my contact form).

Pb_accordeon.PNG

To be precise, the accordion is:

-working properly in the 768px breakpoint

-malfunctionning in the 1024, 1200px, 1440px breakpoints

-I don't need it to push object on the 1600 and 1920 px breakpoints

Here is my MUSE file:

WeTransfer

And my website:

https://www.insitu-webdesign.com/

The solution could really make my website ok to apply for jobs, so thank a lot for your attention

Mehdi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

This is a known bug. Just look at this very reduced .muse file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/22e8uuvdlmoo3vx/accordion-pushdown-bug.zip?dl=0

The bug appears, if you place an accordion, which is configured to push down elements below, on a fixed width page with more then one fixed width breakpoint:

In my example file, we have a simple page with 2 fixed width breakpoints.

• If you preview this page in browser, all works as expected at the breakpoint, which is active, when you open the page.
  • But if you resi

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it the contact? Next time tell us where to look please.

Even better, reduce the page to one issue

– accordions only push down content, if nothing is pinned to the browser below or inside the accordion.

and it shouldn`t be full width of the browser. In this case you don`t even need it full width as it is only text.

I am not able to preview your site. It doesn`t load or takes too much time

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known bug. Just look at this very reduced .muse file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/22e8uuvdlmoo3vx/accordion-pushdown-bug.zip?dl=0

The bug appears, if you place an accordion, which is configured to push down elements below, on a fixed width page with more then one fixed width breakpoint:

In my example file, we have a simple page with 2 fixed width breakpoints.

• If you preview this page in browser, all works as expected at the breakpoint, which is active, when you open the page.
  • But if you resize the window to the other breakpoint, the accordion doesn’t push down the elements below any more.
  • If you now refresh the browser view, all works correct at this breakpoint, but the push down functionality is broken in the other breakpoint.

You may work around this bug, by using different accordions at every breakpoint and hide the other one, using the right click commands „Hide in this breakpoint“/Hide in other breakpoints“.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank a lot Günter, I will not seach in vain for hours thank to you! Ok so I will duplicate and alternate the same accordion for the 3 breakpoints wanted. Thanks again for your help.

Have a nice day,

Mehdi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines