• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with vertical scroll bar missing so can't scroll down page to see content

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Help-urgent!!

I've got a serious problem with my site that I don't understand: On 2 of my pages of my uploaded muse site the vertical scroll bar allowing you to scroll down the page and see all the content is missing when viewing the website on some computers - but not all! The pages are: 'Exhibitors List' page and the 'Venue' page

The site is www.bathexpo.co.uk

On one laptop (my usual one) it displays fine in the latest version of Google Chrome, but my partners laptop the scroll bar is missing on just 2 of the pages. A few weeks ago I had a comment from someone else that they had experienced this problem with my site. It's pretty serious if people can't see the content on those pages so I'm worried!

Can anyone help me with this please as it is pretty urgent! If you visit the site, can you scroll down on the 'Exhibitors List' page or the 'Venue' page?

Thanks for any help you can offer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

UPDATE: I've just temporarily sorted the problem myself, by going into the page properties for the pages concerned, and under Options changing it from automatic to Always.

I still don't know why it didn't happen automatically on just a few of my pages - needs to be logged as a bug I think.

Anyway, I'm happy for now!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I've just temporarily sorted the problem myself, by going into the page properties for the pages concerned, and under Options changing it from automatic to Always.

I still don't know why it didn't happen automatically on just a few of my pages - needs to be logged as a bug I think.

Anyway, I'm happy for now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same problem and found it only happened in Chrome (all other browsers were OK) and it only happened at a particular breakpoint on a particular page....

I found I had some dummy text I temporarily stored on the canvas (off the right side of the web page). Once I removed the dummy text, Chrome added the scrollbar again after I reselected ‘automatic’ (Page Properties > Options > Browser Scrollbars > Vertical > Automatic)

It seems Chrome may have a problem with needing two scroll bars on the same page because it showed the horizontal scroll bar (which indicated it picked up the dummy text to the right side of the page) but no vertical scroll? Perhaps being off the page threw Chrome into a bit of a spin?

Regardless, if you get this problem, check to see if you have inadvertently left something off the web page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a short note.... Just encountered the same issue and it turned out to be that if the height of the page, in "Page properties" is set to
high, the Chrome browser dont activate scrolling on its own.... If you encounter this again just set the smallest height to maby 2-300
and the scroll will be activated. It may not solve 100% of these problem but some of them.... Try it.

Kind Regards / Mikael Nilsson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this fix did not eliminate the problem for me.

Some pages don't have a scroll bar!!!! WTH?!?!?!

I just noticed some pages at random on the websites are now missing the scroll bars. It's only in Chrome. (The most common browser)

I had been using an older version of Muse for a while (I think 2015 or 2016) and since I updated to the new version this week it's been one problem after another. All my websites are fixed width (Desktop + Phone)

It's for ALL the websites that I recently updated to the newest version of Muse 2018!!!!

(Once again a simple bug from a recent update is making my life harder than it should be)

Here are some examples:

http://www.dfwaffordablehometheater.com/index.html

https://express-fence.com/fence-staining.html

http://limo-dallas.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey MikeV1234, I just checked your websites and they all seem to work fine now, how did you solve this???

I'm actually experiencing the same stupid issue since the last Muse update and it drives me crazy!

Thanks dude!

F

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried changing the scroll bar to “always” and it didn’t change anything.

The problem went went away when I reverted back to an older Muse 2017 file instead of the updated Muse 2018.

Maybe check each page Again to make sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem...working fine if I try with version 2017.

What a great soft!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Pages on numerous sites work perfectly in Edge and Firefox but some pages don't have a scrollbar in Chrome. I really don't want to revert back to 2017 as this was nearly the version that made me give up on Muse. 2018 is far better, particularly with responsive element behaviours.

C'mon Adobe, any news on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’ll have to revert back to Muse 2017 or you’ll keep having the same problem and Chrome is the most common browser.

Adobe be has been acting like this problem doesn’t exist but more websites are going to keep having problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exact same problem... no scrollbars on some pages, only in Chrome, and not on all systems!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines