Highlighted

Publish modified pages only Export to HTML subfolder?

Participant ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my host server, I have some domains where I can upload changes to a site using Muse's FTP Host. I have some websites under these domains as subfolders. I find that I cannot upload them using FTP Host; only Export to HTML. Every time I make a little change I must delete the site from the server (using FileZilla) and reupload the entire site. Is it possible to upload just modified content to a subfolder site using Export as HTML? I tried this when I made one text edit to a page; I uploaded just that page and it published it wonky.

TOPICS
How to, Publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Publish modified pages only Export to HTML subfolder?

Participant ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my host server, I have some domains where I can upload changes to a site using Muse's FTP Host. I have some websites under these domains as subfolders. I find that I cannot upload them using FTP Host; only Export to HTML. Every time I make a little change I must delete the site from the server (using FileZilla) and reupload the entire site. Is it possible to upload just modified content to a subfolder site using Export as HTML? I tried this when I made one text edit to a page; I uploaded just that page and it published it wonky.

TOPICS
How to, Publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why you're using Muse anymore since it's discontinued and no longer developed or supported.  Use EOL software at your own risk.  Ideally, you should migrate all Muse sites to new software.

Export entire site to HTML and use Dreameaver for updates and file transfers.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be betterm when only need to edit text to use IBE?

And no, exporting only changes to html does not work with muse. It is only quite usefull with Publish directly to the server.

Seems that you work with Windows? That seems to be broken (publish to server) for some reason.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 03, 2020 0