Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PURCHASED FONTS WON'T INSTALL IN MUSE

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am a beginner web designer and I am having trouble with installing fonts "NEUE PLAK" that I purchased from fontshop.com into MUSE.

ISSUE:

I understand that since it is a SELF-HOSTED font "third-party host", you have to download the font's TRUE FONT first into your Font System (Mac) before I can Add/Remove Web fonts into Muse. The font was very expensive and they send this files: .eot, .woff, .woff2, and .ttf (never sent an .svg file). I tried to install the .ttf into my computer fonts and it won't take it, so every time Muse asks me when I try to add the font, the it accepts the .woff extension, but the MATCHING MISSING FONT comes up. How can I find the font when I contacted the company (fontshop.com.) and they say they don't send the true font, only web font. Then, how can I install a font if they don't provide that. I never had an issue with Typekit, but Typekit doesn't have the font. Can anyone help me please. Should I get a refund for the font? Or, am I doing something wrong. Thank you so much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

In case you missed the announcement, Muse is EOL now and will not be updated again.   IMO, it's no longer fit for building modern web sites.    Hopefully you haven't invested much time in Muse and can to switch to a better visual web design tool.

You need an editor like Dreamweaver or Pinegrow that allows you to work directly with native HTML and CSS files  so you can connect your custom web fonts to the website.   The tutorial I linked to above describes the basics but your font provider may ha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so I understand, do you intend to use this font on your web site?  Is the font you purchased licensed for use on the web? That's important because not all fonts are.  Many are for print or graphics use only.

Did you unzip your font kit?

Although not specific to Muse, the article below describes how to use custom fonts on web sites..

Custom Web Fonts - https://alt-web.com/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I did not try it with your font, there ´s a much easier way to use your font, I guess:

Re: Self hosting font option in Adobe Muse is not detecting free true type font Poppins

Watch this thread and my "correct" answer.

This should pretty much do the job. Of course it is a pity that FONTSHOP does not provide the svg. !

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

I had read the forum you provided before I entered the question. Although, I tried the link you sent and applied the fonts fontshop.com sold me, and it says the font is blacklisted by the Generator. Web fonts from other distributors cannot be generated. But I guess if the company doesn't provide .SVG files, then it will also never work in MUSE right? I do need the three files to make it work? Do you know if Fonts.com is better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have to ask them (Fonts.com), if they provide what you need to use it easy in muse with all the settings you need, I´m afraid.

But Reading this:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-01 um 22.22.51.png

I guess, this font will be hardly useable in Muse without code. This makes it not easy to use as WYSIWYG font in order to see results in muses design view without that extra "T" that says:" hey, you use a system font instead of a web font."

The end user license persists on adding code to your site for several reasons.

If FontShop or MONOTYPE cannot help you AND you must use NEUE PLAK (client?), maybe Muse is not your tool. Or it is possible to add some code to "html for head"? Monotype or FontShop should be able to help you in that case.

Sorry but best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

I noticed that they did provided me with a code CSS-only. Should that code work then instead of installing the fonts? I researched that you should paste that code in the MUSE: PAGE>PAGE PROPERTIES>METADATA>HTML for head. Do you know how that works? Sorry for the trouble. I've been using print forever, and I wanted to try and go outside the box and try something new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I must admit, since I don`t have a clue about code unless somebody tells me :"put that code here".

I guess, that put the CSS only in the HTML for head will not be enough. Since you purchased the font, so may have the CSS a swell, why not give it a try? It may work only once it is uploaded to a real server instead of just preview in browser, though.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, thank you for getting back to me!

The font was purchased on fontshop.com. I will be using the font for my portfolio website and for another personal website as well. The font was purchased with a license for use on the web (250,000 views pay as you go). I definitely unzipped the file and it comes with: .eot, .woff, .woff, and .ttf. I thought that the .ttf was able to add to my font book (which I couldn't add), and the company said that the web fonts don't come with the true font for desktop. So then how can I install the web fonts if MUSE requires the "MATCHING MISSING FONT"?

Am I doing something wrong installing? And they said they don't provide .SVG files. Isn't MUSE one of the three requirements to install the font, that one must be an .SVG?

I really don't know what I am doing wrong? Thank you Nancy, hopefully you can help me since I am new with wed design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case you missed the announcement, Muse is EOL now and will not be updated again.   IMO, it's no longer fit for building modern web sites.    Hopefully you haven't invested much time in Muse and can to switch to a better visual web design tool.

You need an editor like Dreamweaver or Pinegrow that allows you to work directly with native HTML and CSS files  so you can connect your custom web fonts to the website.   The tutorial I linked to above describes the basics but your font provider may have specific instructions for you to follow.

In a nutshell, 

• Upload the unpacked fonts to a Font folder on your remote server.
  • Add a link to the HTML document pointing to an external CSS file where the fonts are described in detail. 
  • Add a font style rule to  your CSS code something like:

body {

font-family: 'CUSTOM FONT NAME', verdana, tahoma, sans-serfi;

font-size: 18ox;

color: #000;

}

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines