• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question on assigning object locations in Muse website?

New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am familiar with some of the Adobe software (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), but Muse is new to me. Is there some way that I can set a designated location/organization to objects on a page?

If you were maintaining the (live) website, is Muse the acceptable program for that or would Dreamweaver be preferred? For example, you have images A, B, C, & D on a page. You want to add image E on that same page, but between images A & B. Is there a way to program that so all formatting, etc. remains? Every way I have come up with so far involves moving many objects around.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Thanks for pinging me ankushr40215001​.

Static HTML sites can't do this.  But PHP code can dynamically  populate your layout with images from a designated folder on your server.  Depending on your filenames and sorting order (ascending or descending), you can accurately program where new images appear.   Although, I usually like new images to be on top of older ones.  

Programming with HTML & PHP code is not rocket science but Muse is absolutely the wrong tool for this.  You need a code editor li

Votes

Translate

Translate
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey joshhh,

Sorry that Muse won't be able to deal with such request.

In Muse we have a very few options of automation apart from widgets.

And I on't think if this can be done with Dreamweaver also?

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ankush. Are you saying that the formatting must be rearranged each times additions are made? I'm surprised to hear there would also be no option in Dreamweaver, because I know that software is leaps and bounds ahead of Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe Nancy OShea​ our esteemed web expert can help answering this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for pinging me ankushr40215001​.

Static HTML sites can't do this.  But PHP code can dynamically  populate your layout with images from a designated folder on your server.  Depending on your filenames and sorting order (ascending or descending), you can accurately program where new images appear.   Although, I usually like new images to be on top of older ones.  

Programming with HTML & PHP code is not rocket science but Muse is absolutely the wrong tool for this.  You need a code editor like Dreamweaver or Brackets, etc... and a good grasp of coding basics.

See below for a Live Demo.  This responsive, masonry type layout was created with Bootstrap 4.

Alt-Web Demo : Dynamic Photo Gallery with Bootstrap 4, PHP & Fancybox

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines