• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question regarding reusable content parts - And auto updating (like a server side include)

Participant ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

Just trying to optimise my workflow. I have a bunch of re-used common parts across a Muse website. I get the function of a library item - But my question relates to if I can make this even easier. I wanted to find out if there was a way to edit a library part so that it automatically updated where ever it appeared across the site - Much like a linked eps in an indesign document.

If not, I reckon it would make a pretty powerful feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Concerning breakpoint: They are supported, if already existent. What that means, you may see here:

Changing „Muse created“ library elements together by editing the library element itself isnt implemented yet. But the „Content“ panel, which only works with text for now, is named „Content“ and not „synchronized text“.

This may (or may not) indicate future developments.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is possible. The workflow:

• Create your asset in Illustrator, Photoshop or another application, which supports the the „CC Library“ system.
  • Put the asset into the Library (select it, open the „Library“ panel and click onto the „+“ icon at the bottom of the panel.
  • The asset is now placed in your library. You recognize the source application at the icon to the right of the library entry.
  • Go to Muse, open the „CC Library“ panel (attention: Muse has three different libraries: widget Library, Library, CC Library) and place the asset from there onto the canvas.
  • If you want to modify the asset, right klick onto the library entry and choose „Edit“.
  • The source application will open and you may edit your asset.
  • When ready, save the asset.
  • Go back toMuse and open the „Assets“ panel.
  • There you’ll find the list of the placed assets. Right click onto the parent entry (the one with the small arrow in front) and choose „Update Asset“.
  • Now all instances of the asset on your page will be updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gunter,

Thank you - This makes sense for static graphics. I was actually thinking for content parts - Ie: other muse library items with breakpoints included? Not possible I guess!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Concerning breakpoint: They are supported, if already existent. What that means, you may see here:

Changing „Muse created“ library elements together by editing the library element itself isnt implemented yet. But the „Content“ panel, which only works with text for now, is named „Content“ and not „synchronized text“.

This may (or may not) indicate future developments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Günter,

I reckon that will become a very powerful part of muse - Like the indesign book, where it uses a bunch of indesign documents, each independently edited and updated! Looking forward to it

Cliff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines