I'm working on a project for a client. I tried adding a vertical menu at a breakpoint to create an accordion menu for mobile viewing. When I tried to add this menu, the program crashed with the error: "Can't copy BPANode from itself." I uninstalled and then reinstalled the program and ensured that I have the last version of Muse available. I've been using is for a couple weeks and this is the first problem like this I've had. Suggestions?
Does your document crash, when adding a standard accordion?
If yes: Could you delete all pages and elements, which aren‘t necessary to demonstrate your issue, upload this .muse file to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and post the download link here? Then we can have a look.
Evidentliy, your .muse document is heavily corrupted, but its content may be rescued.
Having done that, all should work fine again!
PS: For reasons like this: Backup, backup, backup …
Thank you so much! Just to make sure I'm understanding, I need to recreate the site in muse or outside of muse to avoid something like this happening again?
I would re-build the site within Muse (if you have no other intentions, because Muse isn’t developed any more).
Now your site should work fine again and it should be possible to add new elements and widgets.
One more hint:
Backup your file quite often and use „Save As …“ instead of „Save“. The reason: For velocity reasons Muse doesn’t „clean up“ the document when it is „saved“. This happens – just like in many other applications – when using „Save As …“
A „Save As …“ will re-build the intern database and definitely discard all deleted elements (wich are only flagged as „unused“ when you simply perform a simple „Save“). By doing this, you will experience a considerable reduction of the file size especially of large .muse files.