• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Click to see original image size" function?

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

Everything is in the title...

I'd like to know if there is an option to allow clicking on slideshow images to view them in their original size...

Also, i'd like to know, if we can protect images by not allowing "right-click-> save as" ... etc*

Many thanks (and excuse me for my approximative english ^^ )

merci

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

There is no out of the box feature in a Slideshow widget to allow users to view the original image, however, as a quick workaround; you can simply select the Hero Image of each slide and use the "Link To File" option in order to link each slide with their respective larger-sized image.

Trying to protect images by disabling right click on a webpage isn't worth it really as one can always disable JS for a browser (which is even easier to do in latest browsers) or view source to retrieve the image p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no out of the box feature in a Slideshow widget to allow users to view the original image, however, as a quick workaround; you can simply select the Hero Image of each slide and use the "Link To File" option in order to link each slide with their respective larger-sized image.

Trying to protect images by disabling right click on a webpage isn't worth it really as one can always disable JS for a browser (which is even easier to do in latest browsers) or view source to retrieve the image path and doing so does nothing other than annoying a site visitor. I would suggest keeping away from doing so.

Thanks,

Vinayak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vinayak,

Where is the "Link to File" option that you stated? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks!

Penny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway, that the linked image be opened as in inside of an iframe. If some how an iframe is introduced in it it will be possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same question about opening a small image inside of the inframe to enlarge the image. I don't want it to open in a new window or tab, I just want it to open in a small window right on top, so people can take a closer look at the small image. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you want is called a modal window or Lightbox viewer.  You do not need an iframe for any of this. 

See excerpt from a Lynda.com tutorial below.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy, but that's not what I had in mind. I am wondering if Muse has an ability to do pop up windows that are smaller than the browser window. I am posting a screen shot of what I have built so far. I have a series of images on my page and I want the customers to be able to click on those images for them to be enlarged. I want the enlarged image to sit on top of this page in a separate window. When the customers finish looking at the enlarged image they can close the window. I know that Dreamweaver used to have this function, but I can't find anything in a Muse. Maybe it's outdated.... My solution for now is to have these small images open in a separate window in a browser. I'd appreciate any help. Site usability is important for me. Many thanks!

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 13.48.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Owing to widespread use of  POP-UP blockers, we don't use them anymore.  Modal windows / Lightbox viewers have replaced tpop-up windows.  And modals are better for usability.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much Nancy! I'll try those options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines