• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Get and put" with Muse

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to retrieve two sites that were created with Muse. Does Muse have the "get and put" feature that Dreamweaver has? Or, can I use Dreamweaver to retrieve the Muse sites?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

add /admin to the end of your site address and press [enter] eg, yoursite.com/admin

Screenshot (88).png

a BC hosted site will ask you to sign in

how to get a local copy into Dreamweaver = Connect to your site using Dreamweaver

the most important part is the /dw

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse has a .muse file (it does not get uploaded by default) and you can't edit a Muse site "IN MUSE" without that .muse file.

however you can use Dreamweaver to sync to the site and download a local copy of all the files to edit in Dreamweaver (or some other editor) but once you do that then upload it again the site is no longer a true Muse site

is the site hosted on Adobe BC... if so the steps are different and you need the username | password of the Adobe account holder for that hosting in order to download the site to a local system... other 3rd party hosting sites may have their own rules... I know Godady and Bluehost have special hopps to jump before you can get the files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. If I can download just the files from the server with Dreamweaver, I can rebuild the site fairly easily in Muse. I don't know if this particular site of mine was hosted on BC I know some were), and couldn't figure out how to find it.

I haven't used Dreamweaver in quite a few years, so any instructions on how to download my Muse files from the host would be most helpful. I've tried Filezilla without success, but I'm an old dog trying to learn new tricks 😉

Thanks again,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

add /admin to the end of your site address and press [enter] eg, yoursite.com/admin

Screenshot (88).png

a BC hosted site will ask you to sign in

how to get a local copy into Dreamweaver = Connect to your site using Dreamweaver

the most important part is the /dw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again for your response. The Muse site I'm trying to retrieve is not on BC. I'm trying to download the files from the host server with either Dreamweaver or Filezilla. If I can retrieve the files, I can then rebuild the site with Muse. If you have any other advice or instructions, I would be grateful for your assistance.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines