• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"public_html" does not appear to point to site

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason I have been getting this error message when I publish a couple of my sites. I have communicated with the host provider and they have informed me everything looks goods on their side. I have been trying the different solutions on forums and still no luck.  Any ideas??Untitled22.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems to be, that you put your site to a subfolder inside the main root directory like yourdomain.de/htaccess/subfolder…

instead to htaccess (or whatever you named your root directory). I fill up some clients webspace without adding any except the "yourdomain.de" , some need/have this additional "htaccess" .

Unless the site appears on the web as intended, it is nothing dangerous (you may try to ignore and have a look at the site to see what happens) but of course I recommend to "repair" this issue.

Coders here in this forum and some non coders as well may explain it better and more correct than I did, though.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines