• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Responsive" design with Static Width

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m really urgent with this issue because I made a complete web site with static width because I wanted to visualize it in every monitor and I thought that the program instantly will create like a container box that fullfilled the entire screen but very late a realized that it doesn´st. Does anyone know how to fix it without building every site with breakpoints?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

How could we know?

Basically if you create a website wit one static width with no breakpoints you get a website with a single width.

You could create alternative site for each tablet and mobile, so you get three different design approaches (adaptive design).

What you want maybe more is called responsive design and could be done with fixed width breakpoints.

So everything is still under very good control with no fluid behaviour of elements and with almost no hazzle around.

Finally it depends on how ma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Agnes,

Not sure about your query!

So your issue explains us that your fixed with site is not fitting in other devices.

For this I would like to ask if you have created just one single layout and are expecting to be transformed in mobile and tablets?

If above is your case then I would like to inform you that while designing  a fixed with layout we have options for including Phone and Tablet layouts alternatively.

Please see this doc for reference - Create websites for mobile devices using Adobe Muse ​

Feel free to correct us if your query differs.

Thanks!

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for the response.

I don't need in this moment the tablet an mobile web design. I'm just

asking the responsiveness for PC Screens. All screens, like a container

that fits in all monitors.

Saludos...

--

Agnes Sevilla Medina

[Personal info removed by Moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

agness5783857  schrieb

Hi, thank you for the response.

I don't need in this moment the tablet an mobile web design. I'm just

asking the responsiveness for PC Screens. All screens, like a container

that fits in all monitors.

Saludos...

--

Agnes Sevilla Medina

[Personal info removed by Moderator.]

What do you think "all monitors"? If you keep with 1168 minimum width and keep an eye that everything fits into this, it may look good on all monitors. But in these times it may also be necessary to start with 960 as a minimum width and keep all elements between the guides with 960. There´s no strict resolution about all monitors.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How could we know?

Basically if you create a website wit one static width with no breakpoints you get a website with a single width.

You could create alternative site for each tablet and mobile, so you get three different design approaches (adaptive design).

What you want maybe more is called responsive design and could be done with fixed width breakpoints.

So everything is still under very good control with no fluid behaviour of elements and with almost no hazzle around.

Finally it depends on how many pages you will have to change and it depends on the complexity how long it might take to do changes by adding breakpoints. If you need more help, you may share a link with us or a screenshot or even some more details about your single widht and so on.

To answer your question: you need breakpoints for all pages or use adaptive design for each page.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines