• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"this adobe muse file is damaged and cant be opened" - HELP please

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched to Muse to build our new site and its been good for a few weeks but when i opened muse this AM to update the site, i got a message saying the file is damaged and can't be opened.  Is there a way to repair, or download from the internet what was uploaded?  or anything?  I backed up but it was 2 weeks ago and a LOT of changes since then.

For background, the site is www.hummelreport.org and i last updated it Friday afternoon.  I put in our new story and updated to the internet.  No issues uploading and everyhing went through ok.  I have not opened the file since then until i found the problem this AM. 

please help if you can, i do not want to rebuild if i can avoid. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Thank you but no, i do not have the file anymore.  I keep them on our Google Drive.  But i had a backup so i only lost a couple of weeks of updates. 

But i do not know why it got damaged.  I updated the page on Friday afternoon and when i tried to access it this AM it was bad. 

So lesson learned - backup daily

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no you need a .muse file to work on a muse site in Muse... if you download the site as something else then you could use the assets to remake it in Dreamweaver

have you still got the .muse file? yes = can you upload a copy of it to a dropbox

what buggered it = storing it in a dropbox, usb or netwaork share 90% of issues and old antivirus does the other 9%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but no, i do not have the file anymore.  I keep them on our Google Drive.  But i had a backup so i only lost a couple of weeks of updates. 

But i do not know why it got damaged.  I updated the page on Friday afternoon and when i tried to access it this AM it was bad. 

So lesson learned - backup daily

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Bill+Felkner  wrote

I keep them on our Google Drive. 

mystery solved then

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines