• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"This Adobe Muse site file is damaged and cannot be opened"

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I finished building a website in Adobe Muse, and upon trying to open the .muse file today, I got the following error message: "This Adobe Muse site file is damaged and cannot be opened"

I'm running the 2018 release of Muse.

Is there a way to recover any data from this damaged file? It was stored on an external hard drive and wasn't syncing anywhere.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

I kindly invite ankushr40215001 and Preran​ to this, so maybe you can pass your muse file to them and they pass it to the technical team to have a closer look.

I highly recommend to save your muse file as well to your folder "Creative Cloud Files" so you always have a copy and it maybe very unlikely that both files get corrupted.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kindly invite ankushr40215001 and Preran​ to this, so maybe you can pass your muse file to them and they pass it to the technical team to have a closer look.

I highly recommend to save your muse file as well to your folder "Creative Cloud Files" so you always have a copy and it maybe very unlikely that both files get corrupted.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload your file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud, Google Drive, or Dropbox and share it with me over a private message? I can ask around to see if anyone can fix your file.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THX Preran

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I really appreciate you looking into whether this file can be recovered. I shared it with you over a private message through Create Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I would like to export it into dream weaver if at all possible since Muse is no longer going to be supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I finished building a website in Adobe Muse and went in to edit it today, and upon trying to open the .muse file today, I got the following error message: "This Adobe Muse site file is damaged and cannot be opened"

I'm running the 2018 release of Muse.

Can someone assist with recovering the files? I have the site uploaded on go-daddy also

Is there a way to recover any data from this damaged file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't you keep backup .muse files in another location in case of hard drive failure?   Site files on the server cannot be opened in Muse.  You would need to download them first to your computer with Filezilla or some other FTP app and open the HTML, CSS and JS files in a code editor like Dreamweaver, Brackets or Pinegrow.  If you can't work with code, that's probably not much help to you.  Sorry for your data  loss.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm referring to my file downloaded to my external hard drive. 

Is there a way that I can speak with someone on the phone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think phone support will be able to help you with a corrupted file.

Do a Google search for Contact Adobe.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines