• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Up-Sampled Images" what does this mean?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am building a website for my cabinet shop.

Whenever I open an existing Muse file I get an error message that says:

"This document contains 20 links to assets being up-sampled. You should resize them smaller......"

What does this mean and why does it matter?

For what it is worth, all of my images are processed through Photoshop and exported via "Save for Web (Legacy)" command.

They are all saved as 1200 px files and live in folders on Dropbox.

I drag and drop them from the folders into Muse.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

This usually means that an image frame has been resized past its original dimensions. For example if you have an original image at 600px wide and resize the frame in Muse to be 601px, you would get this warning. It can also happen if you upgrade a site to a new version of Muse, as the code validation sometimes changes. Check the dimensions of the affected image frames and adjust if necessary.

Another reason this happens is if the original file has been moved since placing it. Muse stores copies o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This usually means that an image frame has been resized past its original dimensions. For example if you have an original image at 600px wide and resize the frame in Muse to be 601px, you would get this warning. It can also happen if you upgrade a site to a new version of Muse, as the code validation sometimes changes. Check the dimensions of the affected image frames and adjust if necessary.

Another reason this happens is if the original file has been moved since placing it. Muse stores copies of images at their current size in the saved .muse file. If it cannot refer back to the original, resizing is technically stretching the saved version. Check you haven't got any warnings about original files missing. It might be worth relinking the affected images just to be on the safe side.

I hope this helps.

David

Creative Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines