Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Really Struggling with Image Resolution Problems

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MUSE ad.jpg

Hello, I am struggling very much to get images of my art to render clearly in MUSE.

Here is what I understand –

• MUSE creates responsive websites that are meant to be compatible with a variety of viewing platforms (different screen resolutions).
  • This implies the program necessarily has an image resampling mechanism (among other responsive mechanisms).
  • Creating images to be an exact resolution to be placed on the MUSE canvas is the best way to monitor/manage image quality for the designer, because by doing this MUSE doesn’t have to employ its sampling mechanism.
    1. (Insert appropriate PHOTOSHOP downscaling technique for all images.)

After sizing images to be the exact size I want them on MUSE’s default ‘responsive’ canvas width (960 pixels) images are still rendering blurry. I’ve tried using the direct placement command, filling frames, upscaling images 50% for high resolution screens….

The only way I can seem to manage the quality of the images on my laptop as a designer is to create a MUSE canvas at the exact width of my laptops resolution (3840 pixels) then placing the images here (sized exactly). Only this makes the images render clearly.

A breakdown of how to address this situation would be extremely helpful.

TOPICS
How to , Performance , Responsive design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Nancy isn't correct. You can assign HiDPI resolution to every site (-> "Site Properties"). In this case, your images need to have double resolution of the placed size. The HiDPI state of the placed images is reflected by the "2x" indicator in the assets list of the "Assets" panel. 
If you think, your images are blurry, it would be fine, if you place such an image onto a sample page and upload this simple .muse file together with the original image to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse was developed before Retina and 4K displays came out.  You would need to use different web authoring software that supports SRCSET images. 

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/HTML/Multimedia_and_embedding/Responsive_images

Suffice it to say that Muse is end of life and support ends on March 26th.  So you're never going to get exactly what you want from Muse.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy isn't correct. You can assign HiDPI resolution to every site (-> "Site Properties"). In this case, your images need to have double resolution of the placed size. The HiDPI state of the placed images is reflected by the "2x" indicator in the assets list of the "Assets" panel. 
If you think, your images are blurry, it would be fine, if you place such an image onto a sample page and upload this simple .muse file together with the original image to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and post the download link here. Then we will have look.

By the way: The sampling techniques, which are applied, when rescaling a browser window, while looking at your site, are exclusively up to the browser's and operating system's capabilities. Muse has no influence on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the response.

This simple property adjustment seems to have done the trick when I preview the site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines