I have 4 websites that were built with muse by another developer. All 4 were setup to use reCaptcha 2.0. I got 1 website to work with the reCaptcha. The other 3 websites I keep getting "server encountered a error". I have verified through a phpinfo.php file that "allow_url_fopen = On" is set correctly. I have checked through the development console in chrome to see what errors are returned and I get:
I even created a email just for the contact form that is local, and changed the contact form to send using that email but still it did not go through. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I think Captcha is the least of your problems.
Muse is EOL which means it is no longer being developed or updated with new features.
I suspect the PHP script you're using to process form data is no longer compatible with your server. Ask your web host which form processing scripts they recommend you should use. Most likely they require SMTP authentication now to thwart spammers from using your server as a spam relay.
If you're not able to do this yourself, you could use a form service like Wufoo.com and embed their forms into your Muse pages. Wufoo processes forms on their servers, not yours.
I know it's EOL which is why i have taken the sites over from a muse web designer. I do not use Muse. I'm using the same php scripts on another site on this server So i highly doubt this is the issue.
and MUSE being EOL is not my problem at all. doesn't mean the site will stop working, just code will begin to deprecate. That's what I want so I can rebuild the website properly which is more money for me.
It is seeming to be server side since I am getting bounce message in my main server email.not sure what it could be
Copy link to clipboard
Ok so found a solution. It was all about how the to and from email was referenced in the html script made by muse. I just had to make both emails local, instead of the to: being hotmail, and this solved my issue. Thanks everyone for your suggestions whether they were helpful or not.