• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recover Muse File

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have lost my Adobe Muse file and not able to open up my exisiting site using Muse. Is there a way to recover a lost Muse file? Thanks

Brandon C.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Is your site hosted online?  Use FileZilla or some other FTP client to download site files from your server to your local hard drive.  In theory, you can open native HTML files in any plain text/code editor like Dreamweaver, Brackets or VS Code.  But you can't open them in Muse.

Didn't you keep cloud backups of your Muse project files?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your site hosted online?  Use FileZilla or some other FTP client to download site files from your server to your local hard drive.  In theory, you can open native HTML files in any plain text/code editor like Dreamweaver, Brackets or VS Code.  But you can't open them in Muse.

Didn't you keep cloud backups of your Muse project files?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already transfered my domain and hosting to Bluehost. I thought I would be able to open up my Muse file in the Adobe Muse software as a reference to make my new website with wordpress/bluehost, but now I cannot find the muse file. I didn't keep a backup on the cloud. I may be out of luck 😕

Brandon C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you need a quick help because of very urgent edits to be done, you may have a look at Pinegrow. It can download the published website into a fully funtional project to be able to be uploaded as a website.

But PG may need some coding skills if you need to do more than just some edits. But mostly it is very visual, not as easy to move elements as in Muse, though. Not quite sure if Dw can do the same for you.

Also sparkleapp let´s you download a published website but only the elements. No styling and neither any animations or effects are visible. You may have look at XD as well, there´s a plugin to export as html maybe in the meantime it provides a download from html as well? PG has a plugin called "snapshots" which also let´s you do exactly that.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines