• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rectangle image fill not working on iPhone/iPad

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Muse template for a wedding, and it fills rectangles with images for the background. It also has a parallax feature for those images. The site works great on android and computers, but does not show the images on iPhones or iPads. It just shows a blank gray image. How do I fix this? I understand some people delete the rectangle and just place the image, but then I can't have the parallax scroll effect on the image. Is there a way to fix the rectangle problem? And why just on iPhone?

Also I have tried different web browsers on my phone, Chrome app and Safari same result.

Here is the site Matt & Kelli

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

If you replace the grey rectangles by images this should not change the parallax effect, as the images just scroll with the same speed as the content, right?

I cannot check iPhone (lack of iPhone).

I see huge images/grey rectangle son mobile, though. If you want to see all three of them together think of a better size.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you replace the grey rectangles by images this should not change the parallax effect, as the images just scroll with the same speed as the content, right?

I cannot check iPhone (lack of iPhone).

I see huge images/grey rectangle son mobile, though. If you want to see all three of them together think of a better size.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I was looking at the wrong scrolling effect on the images, that was my bad.

Can you please elaborate on a better size? Are you saying I can use a rectangle (and image will show on mobile) if I had a better size image? As in bigger or as in smaller? I would like to use the rectangle, and fill the image. If that is the best way to build the site. What is the best or most idiomatic way to add a background image?

Again thanks for the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines